My Massive WOODWARD DREAM CRUISE Picture Thread (dialup death)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by TriShield, Aug 24, 2005.

1. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

Mine are 1600 x 1200, so they are linked. And no, I will not resize them. :fawk:

The 11th Woodward Dream Cruise was as awesome as ever, despite the heat, Houston-quality humidity and occasional torrential downpours. Hey, if the big blackout a few years ago couldn't defeat the will of thousands and thousands of classic car drivers, nothing will.

Ford

Ford's exhibit this year was the lamest of the Big Three. As awesome as the Mustang GT500 is, it's literally the only exciting and inspired car in Ford's future lineup. The GR-1 concept is not very titilating in the flesh, and I really hope Ford doesn't think it will adequately replace the Ford GT when they discontinue it. Produce the Cobra roadster thing, not the coupe.

They also had the Lincoln chopper on display, which is a work of art, but it can't make up for how utterly stale and worthless Lincoln's products are. The Zephyr is apparently so bad and unexciting they were ashamed to even have it on display. Where's the Navigator K? Where's the Mark VIII?

The Fusion looks and feels like a very nice car, and why all Ford's stuff doesn't look that cool is beyond me. I hope it's a hit for Ford, they really need it, SVT can't get a hold of it fast enough either. Ford's other current vehicles aren't worth talking about, and shouldn't be at the Cruise. No production 427, no next-gen. Lightning, or Aussie RWDs, no RWD at all, no care.

General Motors

GM had a couple of different exhibits as usual. First off, the next ZO6 is amazing in person. It bulges so much it looks like it will explode like a bomb, or a big pimple. It may very well be the meanest, most aggressive looking Corvette ever designed. I can't wait to see it feast on some German and Italian sports cars, mmmmm Italian. I'm hungry for Pasquale's now. The HHR was the big car Chevrolet was pushing though, I didn't pay much attention simply because Chrysler did it years before, it's nothing new, and it's a "me too!" car. But if it gets people out of lame SUVs, then it's good in my book. The "new" Impala is a joke, it's as vanilla as Toyota, and it looks like a Toyota actually. Chrysler's cars poop all over it. The LS2 Trailblazer SS was also on hand, it looks allright until you see the Grand Cherokee SRT8...

The Pontiac Solstice was everywhere, it's an awesome little car and appears to be very well executed. Judging by the people fawning over it, it's a crowd pleaser. Ditto for the Saturn Sky, fantastic looking car. Oddly, the GTO Ram Air 6 concept was not displayed this year, in fact the 05/06 GTO was MIA at all of GM's displays. Very sad. There were quite a few 06s on Woodward though, one wearing the nice new orange color which is two years too late. The Pontiac G6 convertible was also displayed, it's a lame car with a nice folding roof.

Why GM doesn't have a Cadillac-only display like they do for Chevrolet is mind boggling. Cadillac not only has the best GM line right now, it's GM's strongest brand next to Chevrolet. The STS-V and XLR-V are so spectacular they deserve dedicated displays instead of being randomly thrown in with Chevrolets and Pontiacs. Only one CTS-V was displayed as well, and it was poorly customized.

Chrysler

Chrysler had the best exhibit this year, and the most exciting lineup of new products that fit right in with their classics. Each car was out in the open for people to examine, even the classic restored stuff.

The Charger SRT8 was my favorite upcoming car at the Cruise. It is as wicked looking as any classic Charger, and one of the most aggressively styled and performing new cars for the money now. More so than the CTS-V, and a ton of other cars I can think of.

Every SRT vehicle covers all the important bases from interior upgrades, to suspsension and exteriors. They literally have something for everyone right now too, and all of them offer excellent performance.

Even Chrysler's less severe offerings bristle with attention to detail and innovation like the Ram Mega Cab and Power Wagon. I was only disappointed the Caliber, Tomahawk and Hurricane weren't there.

I come away more impressed with Chrysler every day. They obviously understand what it means to a be an American automaker, it's no wonder they've been profiting making distinctly American cars.

WTF?

Clearing Woodward at 9pm is horribly gay. I was pleasantly surprised to find that Pontiac doesn't participate in this gayness all the other towns along Woodward do. Years ago you could cruise all night, those were the days...

A local Scion dealer took out a parking lot along Wodward and displayed a homosexual array of stock and ghetto'd new Scions. For those of you who think that's really cool, it's akin to showing up at a huge import car show in a F-body or new GTO claiming you belong there because they are technically imported. Uh, no. None of the Scions drew any crowds either, nobody comes to the Cruise looking for that shit. Otherwise Woodward was fairly rice free.

The Pictures - All classic Mopar pics for 70BirdGirl, and new Charger pics to Bolicious

Cruisers emerge on Woodward after the rain.

A classic and modern Mustang on Woodward.

A lone Japanese (Supra) among the Americans - very out of place. That plate would look better on a turbo Buick too.

Ford had a couple of GTs on display, an instant classic and still draws a big crowd.

Another Ford and Shelby concept, it isn't nearly as striking in person as the Ford GT though. Judging by the lack of people fawning over it, I'm not alone on this.

The next SVT Mustang, it will be a force to be reckoned with. I don't think they could spell out Shelby's name any bigger on the rear either.

Ford's display was loaded with pristine classics from the past, including this shiny Eleanor.

Ford's sign in Birmingham.

Like every city Woodward runs through, Birmingham is a hot, sweaty mass of American car lovers. The most pristine show cars are generally parked here.

Jay Leno's twin-turbo LS1 Oldsmobile Toronado was on hand for crowd's to ogle. Pictures don't do it justice, sadly I could not get any better shots due to the crowd.

The 469hp 2006 Cadillac STS-V - easily the most impressive GM product I've ever seen next to the new ZO6 and XLR-V. I can't wait for it to be road tested.

The new LS2 Trailblazer SS, it screams IMJ.

TB SS from the rear, oddly there's only one exhaust pipe. The interior is virtually unchanged from regular Trailblazers.

Chevy's new ad campaign?

The thoroughly reworked 2006 Impala SS. It's boring, looks Japanese, still carries a four speed transmission, and it has a weak V8 driving the front wheels. Chrysler needn't be worried. GM cannot rebadged the Commodore SS for Chevrolet fast enough. The Monte CArlo

Cool slogan - fairly lame product lineup.

Folkan spotted this burnt orange beauty sitting off by itself, hidden away. But not for long. It just may be the most aggressive looking Corvette ever concieved. It looks hungry for Italian, mmmm Italian.

God-like side profile.

The view most European sports cars will be treated to.

ZO6 cluster, flourescent-look lighting, the needles look like they float.

Z06 interior. Nicely assembled and finished, everything is tight and uniform as it should be. Only major tools posting behind a keyboard will complain about it.

The most beautiful Chevrolet sedans ever made, and lining Woodward Avenue.

You can walk faster than the classics move on Woodward.

Another angle of Woodward.

The Cadillac XLR-V, major road presence and performance to back it up. Shame the top wasn't down because of all the rain.

The new 4.4L supercharged Northstar, it's a tiny engine packing a huge punch. Very tidy installation too.

Nice reflection.

The Pontiac Solstice, there were a ton of these running around and they appear to be a big crowd pleaser. It will probably be the last cool Pontiac ever made.

Torrential rain soaked Woodward off and on but never dampened the Cruise. We managed to avoid getting soaked.

Dugan's Irish Pub, basically Dream Cruise headquarters and always completely rented out by Oldies 104.3 - otherwise I'd love to try a Big Chief Burger.

Mustang fans dry their rides after the storm.

Gas stations along Woodward were loaded with classic and modern muscle making pit stops.

Prowlers were out in force as always, many of them are nicely customized like this orange car. They were designed to cruise.

Kids still appreciate the classics. The Cruise is an event all ages enjoy.

Another gas station shot.

Chrysler's 2006 Charger SRT8 show car wearing Inferno Red, pictures do not do the car or color justice. It is one of the most vicious looking new cars I've seen. The red inserts on the seats thankfully won't make production.

Hotter and better than the CTS-V and nearly everything else for the money - believe that.

Chrysler had a large number of spotless classics on display with their modern products, including this Shaker.

I will upload and share more later. :bigthumb:

Last edited: Aug 24, 2005
  2. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

This is awesome...

Thank you so much. :big grin:

I :love: the Solstice so much.

3. you know me

you know me OT where the douchbags play

4. TriShield

The rest

Cool Charger advert - below it a crew assembled and disassembled a Charger like a huge model.

The incredible Grand Cherokee SRT8 - it more than makes up for the weird circular headlamps.

Bold and distinctive center exhaust pipes along with Euro-spec rear fogs.

An AMC classic, I almost ended up with an AMC muscle car instead of my GN.

For Sale - Beep Beep!

Another Hemi 'Cuda - The best looking Chrysler muscle car ever made.

A later Road Runner.

The Magnum SRT8, muscle with five doors has never looked better.

Magnum SRT8 rear, it doesn't have the molded air diffusers of the Charger SRT8.

The new SRT 6.1L Hemi.

Rare Plymouth GTX convertible, packing 440 power.

What do you get when you give the Dodge Ram the Jeep Rubicon treatment? The baddest fullsize 4x4 on the market - the Power Wagon.

Stylish 50s Mopars, that's the Jeep rock climbing wall in the background.

The one Bolicious has been waiting for, the black DUB Charger.

The crowd prevented better angles of the DUBS y0.

DUB even tinted the wind screen, that's gangsta.

A classic Charger Super Bee.

Maybe this Bee got all the honeys back in the day. Yeah, that was pretty lame.

One more shot of the Charger SRT8, it's that fine.

All the people that bought Marauders were present, an amazing feat (it's a joke guys).

Dugan's across the street, a mass of classic Americana and Americans (Canadians too).

GM wanted everyone to know they're back.

Occasionally either lane of Woodward clears, but not for long.

ace3 is not alone in his love for yellow toys.

Saleen had a large exhibit, in fact it was better than Ford's.

The almighty S7 twin-turbo, the baddest supercar to ever come from the United States.

The real symbol of power- no prancing horses here.

A lovely and exotic booty.

Saleen even had more Ford GTs on display than Ford, though I forget what part of the car they're responsible for.

emerican couldn't help himself, it's that sexy.

Lovely outside, and inside.

Even Jeremy Clarkson wet himself before returning it to Ford.

I thought I hated them, but Saleen Mustangs are quite hot in person.

Ford's flavor the Mazda 6 is actually quite a striking design, I predict a hit. SVT will make it even better (hopefully).

Supernoma's LS1 GTO poses with my LC2 Grand National.

Then we cruised into the night (as much as the police would allow anyways).

As soon as it started, it's over. The weekend never lasts long enough.

That's all folks.

5. TriShield

Who else was there and took pics? :o

6. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

links! good move

7. TriShield

Wallpaper for those who want it I suppose.

8. ls1pimp

ls1pimp OT Supporter

That S7 is sexy.

9. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

ford!@

10. CussCuss

CussCuss New Member

good stuff, i just 'unlikered' the whole page, ill find something to do for a little while now, even on 1.5 adsl this is gonna take a while

11. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

Saleen does FordGT interiors

12. TriShield

Their Mustangs look quite cool, I was surprised. Even in homo yellow.

13. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

looks = meh ok
    value = :ugh:

14. TriShield

When will someone start tuning the Ford GT?

15. TriShield

The GT500 and Charger SRT8 have some serious diffusers molded into them too, looks like both teams are serious about their high speed numbers and stability.

16. COBRA98

COBRA98 New Member

Great pics!!!!!!!!!

17. COBRA98

COBRA98 New Member

I love the STS-V and the XLR-V are they the LS7 powerplant or something different?

18. TriShield

They use a thoroughly remodeled next gen. Northstar. Only 4.4 litres, variable valve timing, supercharged and intercooled, all the latest technology. Both pack a new six-speed automatic tuned for that engine as well. GMPD really went to town on them. :cool:

19. midnite

midnite OT Supporter

i need to make it there someday

20. TriShield

It's worth the trip. I've been going since 1998, these pictures are really a fraction of it. :bigthumb:

21. diaper eater

diaper eater OT Supporter

aftercooler, not intercooler

22. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

any more of the cudas and the 50's plymouths? :x:

23. LOUDSYSTEM

LOUDSYSTEM New Member

no arizona no care

24. LowkeyG

LowkeyG OT Supporter

:werd: