My Macbook screen is flickering

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by NSX, Oct 5, 2007.

1. NSX

NSX OT Supporter

Only happens when I open it up for the first time after it's been sitting for a while and it lasts for like 10-15 seconds (But if I close it and open it back up again it's ok). It's annoying. I've had this computer for a year and a half now but it only started doing it like the past month or so.

Is this normal? Or should I call applecare? :noes:

2. HardTech

HardTech hungry

call applecare. My last iBook had the same thing happen, and it ended up flickering all the time. i sold it for like $300 or something

3. spec09

spec09 New Member

I had the same problem, the bottom 2 inches would turn solid for a while, then it progressively become worse. It's the LCD screen, mine had to get replaced, and if I didn't have applecare, it would of cost $310.

4. moralpanic

moralpanic New Member

I have the same problem as well. Have had it for quite awhile actually, but never bothered getting it fixed since it only lasts about 10-15 secs. Seeing as my year of warranty is almost up, i'm going to take care of it before it does.

5. Jacen2141

Jacen2141 New Member

normal? fuck that...I have the same problem. No screen flicker should be normal. I've had the damn thing fixed twice so far since March of this year. Once they replaced the inverter and the second time they replaced the LCD, logic board, and inverter. The second time was in June and it's been flicker free since.

I know the Internet tends to blow things out of proportion but one quick google search will show that there is a rather large problem with it and Apple has even locked threads about it on their own forums. Either way it sucks so I got AppleCare so that I could deal with future (expected) problems. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENxqjxzuht8 that's what mine was doing. :squint: