SRS My LOVE for Alcohol...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by OoBabyPhat, Jan 11, 2005.

1. OoBabyPhat

OoBabyPhat New Member

:uh: THIS IS EMBARASSING:

Recently for the past few months, I have been heavily indulging into drinks...and quite frankly, I dont know when enough is enough.
    I will get way past and beyond the point of feeling "tipsy" and I wont realize just how much i drank, until the next day I find myself in a bathtub.
    This has never been a problem for me before. I strongly beleive that it did get worse over the holidays though:eek4:

THE TRUTH is that I've been feeling super stressed out lately, and too many things goin on in my life right now.... I feel like the only way I can be truly happy, and carefree is after I have a few drinks. But I dont stop there I keep going and going. I can't stand one single night of sobriety! I feel like shit and find myself falling into an awkward state of depression...

Some days I will feel so good and that my day is goin amazing, but even one slight thing can bring me down and im extremely worried!!

I need someone's advice on what i can do so that I dont have to rely on alcohol as a type of medication for days when I feel so down and shitty.
    I know Im not the only one who is overwhelmed by feeling anguish when not drinking. To be honest...I feel like a worthless piece of shit soemtimes, and dont deserve to live!

Please no negative feedback..........

Thanks guys and I look forward to hearing back from a few of you:)

2. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

Well, I'm not going to beat around the bush here. You sound like an alcoholic. Few people really just wander into the "road to recovery" forum by accident and then make a post about how they think they have a drinking problem by accident. So, I'm not trying to put you down, I'm just going to be really honest. You sound like an alcoholic.

The symptoms of an alcoholic are, again, the inability to stop drinking upon having just one.

You may notice, as many of us alcoholics do, that its not only just when you're depressed that you feel like drinking. We drank to celebrate, we drank out of boredom, we drank to socialize, we drank to get us through the day, and we drank in depression.

It's not really a question of just learning something new and then being suddenly able to handle your booze. You either have it or you don't. I would, depending on your situation, sit down and write a letter to yourself. Detail out why you drink, when you feel like drinking, what happens when you get drunk, what you regret about drinking and why you do it again. Most likely you will see the addictive cycle (pain--->drink--->temporarily relief---->greater pain & shame----> more drinking). This can be eye-opening for many of us.

If you are truly an alcoholic, I also don't mean to scare you or turn you away but there will never be the ability to moderate ever again. Remember that if you don't feel like you're worth it to anyone else, you're worth it to yourself. For what its worth, you're worth it to us here on the forum. Feel free to post more.

A final word: read the other threads on this forum. You will see the overriding theme of recovery which involves finding a support group in 12-step meetings. This is the core of any solid recovery. Many of us have found much solace in these meetings. You can find meeting guides for your area on the web.

3. OoBabyPhat

OoBabyPhat New Member

thankyou!

HEY THERE.....Well I guess your right about the fact that Im posting in the wrong forum. I feel really awful for accidentally posting in "the road to recovery" and had no bad intentions on doing so. I totally thought that this was a place for ppl to post that need help and advice on how to better themselves. . .

For anyone else viewing this post...I am extremely sorry!:(
    I would alos like to mention, that I appreciate your feedback and can agree to almost everything that you have mentioned! Right now I dont receive much support, because I am ashamed a little bit. But you truly inspired me a great deal, that I can get through this problem and learn how to cope with stress/depression in other ways. And the idea of writing a letter to myself is a great Idea, since i find it very therapeutic to write what I feel down on paper...

I will take your advice and strongly use it. Once again you are just GREAT
    and I damn well appreciate your feedback! Even if your the only one that posted back to me...thats all I needed was just to hear back from someone who really knows how to handle these addictive kind of situations

~TAKE CARE! And I shall try my best to do so....

4. nukegoat

nukegoat New Member

:confused: I don't think its inappropriate for this forum, but maybe you're looking for a solution we can't give (maybe nobody can give the solution you want?) Best of luck either way :)