TAT My lip!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by logan, Mar 4, 2005.

1. logan

logan vacantskies

After have an apparently healed lip piercing after 4 months, and changing the ring once in that time, I decided to take the ring out overnight. Mainly because I was gonna be getting into a fight the next day and I didn't want it to cause any unnecessary damage to my face. Well the next morning the hole healed up somewhat and I had to push the piercing through a layer of skin. Now it's somewhat swollen in my 3/8" ring, filling it 99%. I was wondering how long should I expect for the swelling to go away?

2. Cherryfire

Cherryfire "If we believe obsurdities, we shall commit atroci

Yikes. Take ibuprofen to help with the swelling and treat it like a new peircing since essentially, you just repierced it. Warm sea salt rinses, dont touch or change the jewelry etc.. As far as expected swelling time, probably about the same as when you initially pierced it, maybe a week or so. However, if the swelling is really persistant and overfills beyond the capacity of that 3/8th ring, you may need to grab a larger size as to not hurt your lip until its done swelling.
    In the future, dont take out your ring for more than an hour or so. Even 4 months really isnt long enough to consider it totally, permanantly healed.

3. logan

logan vacantskies

Well the swelling has stopped. But I have it in my 7/16" right now. On Wednesday I'm going to get my custom made ring put in. It's 3/8" but it's not a BCR, the ring clamps on a bar that goes in the piercing. It's still a little sensitive to touch right now, but it should be good soon. Thanks for the advice on warm sea salt rinses. I should do that regardless because that just sounds like it'd be a good natural mouth wash. :x: