SRS My life is just stuck right now...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by dontblink182, Nov 16, 2005.

1. dontblink182

dontblink182 New Member

Alright, well, it seems to me that my life is stuck right now. I have no motivation to get good grades, and I really have no idea where my life is going. I really don't care either. I just don't know what's wrong with me right now, I have no motivation to do anything, I don't look forward to anything right now except hanging with my friends when they have weed.

I guess I'm a average dude, I'm asian, but I have shitty grades right now. I don't know what's wrong, I used to get all A's, but I have a 2.6 gpa right now. It just feels like my life's falling apart, even though nothing major has happened. My social life is mediocre, friends are cool, but only about 2-3 really close friends I can tell anything to. I used to not be able to talk to girls, just started getting the courage recently, but my social life with girls is pretty shitty. I really don't care where my life's going, or what college I'm going to, or what I'm going to major in. I recently got caught cheating, and I'm going to have In school suspension for the second time, which is probably going to kill my college chances. My dad has very high expectations for me, seeing as I'm his first child, and his asian culture. The only reason I try to get good grades is so my dad won't blow off on me and beat the shit out of me. I like to goof off, used to do it alot, but I've calmed down alot. I have no regular hobbies right now, when I get home, I get on the computer, because it helps me feel like I'm connected with the outside world.

myspace to see what I'm like, sorry not adding any people. www.myspace.com/wowtimiscool. I'm only 16, but I feel like I'm different from other people, like I'm missing something from my life. I have no motivation to get my life in order...

Last edited: Nov 16, 2005
  2. LudaMan

LudaMan Active Member

Sounds a lot like me. Im just pulling myself out of that mood now. Did you have any career in mind in the past? What I did was I sat myself down, really thought about the great opportunity I was given (free ride to college), and make use of it to make my life worth living. I went from the business administration major to criminal justice, and all of a sudden, this huge feeling of motivation swept me. Maybe you could try that, I hope it helps! If not, you might be suffering from depression, which you should seek help for. Either way, good luck and i hope things turn around.

3. dontblink182

dontblink182 New Member

Well, I had a couple careers in mind, but I really don't want to do them now. The only true reasons I get good grades, now that I think of it now, is because I don't want my dad to get pissed off, and have a heart attack. I also don't want to grow up and being a loser, I want to have a good paying job so I can have a good family and just treat my family right. Right now at the moment, there's no hobbies that will help me relate to a job I like, my days consist of getting home from school, getting on the computer, playing a little drums and guitar(not really good, just like to play a little), and doing a little homework. On the weekends, I just go to my friends houses and get stoned. If I can't hang with somebody, I just sit on the computer. I don't think it's depression, but I'm not entirely sure. I'm decently social, I don't have huge social problems like some people in the Asylum, but I feel like life's just a waste. I think deeply alot lots of things, life basically, and I always end up depressed. A weekend of weed usually fixes it, but I always end up thinking about it again. I also dwell alot in memories, just thinking of the past. I had a pretty good childhood, parents beat me, but school was easy(shitty county), and i just used to forget about everything by exploring in the woods, or playing football. Now, none of my friends live close to me, so I only see them at school for 5 minutes, and on the weekends when I hang with them. I just talked to a couple buds of mine and it seems to me that they have all their shit straight, I'm the only one who doesn't know what the hell I'm doing...

I'm thinking about going to see my school counsler, do you think she'll help with these type of problems?

Also, I've been going to church since I was born. My mom is a jesus freak, so she makes me go all the time. I was a born again christian a year earlier, but now, nothing seems to make sense. I think I'm turning agnostic, I believe that there's a god, but the christian religion doesn't seem to make much sense. I want to take a break from church, my mom and youth pastor are pretty pressing and wanted me to sign up for various things I don't believe in. I really want to tell my mom how I feel, but I'm scared it will do something to her. All my life, I've been going to church, and now I want a break for a year or two. The only reason I go to church now is because it saves me and my mom from argueing. Lately after the main service, I've just been leaving with my friend, because I don't feel like staying at church. What do you think will be the best way to tell her that I want a small break from church?

4. shankems2000

shankems2000 If you read everybody's user text and location, yo

You're 16, you have NO IDEA how young that is. You have plenty of time to find out what you want to do with the rest of your life. You already said that you want to get a decent job so that you can treat your family right, so hit the books and stop fucking around. It's not too late. If you hustle, you can bring that GPA up crazy. If you want to get motivated and stay motivated, the weed is probably a bad idea, or that's what people tell me.

Tell your mom that you don't want to go to church anymore because you've found reason to question some of the teachings of the Christian religion and you feel your faith faltering, and that if you continue going now, it won't be because you truly believe what the preacher is saying but because she made you go. If she doesn't understand that, and goes crazy or something, I don't know what to tell you.