SRS My life is a mess right now.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hondaluva, Oct 8, 2005.

1. hondaluva

hondaluva likes free hugs...

I am not the happiest with my 2 jobs (shit, the fact that i am working 2 jobs), I don't want to be in NJ anymore, my closest friends around me here don't even want to visit or even deal with me me, my lovelife/sexlife is non-existent, haven't gone clubbing or anything that is a lot of fun in a long time, I am miserable (and a little bit lonely), and i have started to dislike many things and people around me. Can't sleep properly cause i get nightmares and things all of the time. Hell 5 hrs. of sleep is a good night for me. But what keeps me going? Squirrels.

Kinda like that White Stripes song, seeing those little fuckers bust their ass and store up nuts for the winter gives me a natural motivation to do what they are doing, and just deal with it. In my case, its saving up the money, cutting up on the fast food, getting rid of things and people who are a waste to me, and just take care of myself so i can be in the position that i want to be in come wintertime.

Shit always happens with me, and that is something to be expected, but i am keeping my head up everyone. :hs:

2. hondaluva

I graduated college in May, and all of my job prospects went to shit. so far for the past two months,i was in various temp jobs, and then i found work at a bowling alley for weekend nights (right now they have me training to become a manager). right now i am basically in a temp to hire position as an accounting clerk at a publishing company. the pay for both is $9.25 and $11 an hour respectively, but i am still searching for better.

Why do i need two jobs? Well for starters, i had acculmated a lot of CC debt over the summer that i am paying off, and i am pretty much done thowing some money at my car to make it running 100%. I could sell it, but i have done so much to it, i now have a reliable veichle that i can fit all of my stuff in and will run forever.

The main reason is the fact that i have gone the entire summer without a job, and i really would like the extra cash just to have. To facilitate a move for me realistically may need to be 2 months rent + 1k just to be on the safe side, and with Boston (priciest case scenario) i may need anywhere between $2500-3000 on the safe side.

I also don't have a good relationship w/ my dad/stepmom where i enjoy being in the house. Its tough love. They know its time for me to go, and they are doing their damndest to make sure i am as uncomfortable as possible. This is what people do when you want them to stay motivated to leave cause if you don't do this, people will get "too comfortable" in your house. And will stay (which is not my intentions at all)

My take: I am out of the house, they are out of my hair, and if i am doing nothing on weekends anyways, at least i am making money. from that 5pm-3am time i work on the bowling alley making money, i would prob. sit at home on OT. anyways, making nothing.

I'll tell you about my local "friends" here later. You are right, it has vut into me clubbing/going to the bars, and visiting some of my friends, but i try to make as much time and be available as much as possible. All i ask of people is to meet me halfway and if you don't want to visit/call/im me even then you are obviously not interested in me, and i am not going to take time to deal. Everytime i want to meet w/ some peeps its always something.

What i really want to do is work for an admissions office at a school and go for my MBA (classes are free if i work for a college), but its been really tough trying to land those (still trying tho). I really want to move and get out of here, but i am running out of ideas. a lot of those sleepless nights i have placed into looking at jobs and such in other areas. Based off of my current paychecks, I am two months off from a move anyways, so right now my goal is to apply to as much stuff as possible.

If you would like to help you can take a look at my resume/cover letter and see if you know anyone who is looking for something, or pass it along to one of your contacts.

Speaking of work, i gotta get ready now to head to the bowling alley and work. I'll be back on to check on this thread sunday morning.

I just can't stay miserable here in NJ forever.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2005
  3. beanolo

beanolo It does a body good!!!1

It sounds like you already have a plan set out for yourself. Stick with it, especially since its only a couple months out. Stay far away from relationships for now, especially in a time like this where everything is a mess and you are planning to move.

Consider the move a clean slate to start anew :)

4. hondaluva

Thanks.

I am staying far, far away from any type of relationship period. Its not worth it since they all go to shit for me anyways.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2005
  5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

A debt is like a strangle snake around your neck, you want to get rid of it as soon as possible. It can be a long wait(depending on how big the debt is) but in the meanwhile you must earn as much possible money as you can. Just working hard is stupid, You have to work hard and play smart. The Pay off will work best if you spend 1/3 to 2/3 what you monthly earn on paying off your debt, the less it becomes the less interest you have to pay over it, the faster you pay it off, the faster you will regain financial independency. Working on crazy hours will pay you more then regular work (nightshifts/during hollidays) which is a sacrifice but hella worth it. Check out what jobs earn the most, and try to get into that field. Location is everything , you don't want to spend the coming 40 year in a place you don't want to be (excluded the work you have to do for paying off your study) you don't want a job that you don't like for the oncoming 40 years either. Regulate your income so that it will max out, Regulate your Expenses so that it will be as minimal as possible. Not sure on how many things you can save money on, but replacing the garbage you eat with healthy food can save you money, but at a disadvantage that you might feel even more miserable, however if you pick your healthy food correctly you can enjoy them. Now that your car is fixed up to the max, don't invest much more on it, until your study debt is solved.