SRS My Life Feels Shitty...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cgnmd0819, May 16, 2006.

1. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

I guess the title explains it all.. my life just doesn't seem like it's improving..
    I've been in a rut for quite a while and can't seem to get myself out of it..

First, was living with boyfriend had to move back home because he wanted to go back to school.

Second, family problems
    1. my sister- is bipolar, can't see that she is manic and that she is bipolar, isn't getting help, argues with her boyfriend and anyone all the time, gets up into people's faces, puts me down.. is very abusive
    2. my father is sick.. basically on his death bed.. was never close with him..because of the emotional abuse..is an alcoholic, bipolar, treats all of us horribly and makes it out to be like he's suffering so we all should suffer too, (liver disease and who knows what else)

Thirdly, boyfriend problems.. seems to be falling apart.. been dating for 2 and a half years almost, i need help on what i should talk about.. communication.. ways to make it better?

Fourth- been seeing a psychologist she seems to help but not enough..
    I'm looking into getting medication so I made a psychiatric evaluation for June 2nd since I called over 20 different offices and one called me back..

boyfriend has his own problems has been seeing a psychiatrist.. on medication..

I guess advice of any kind would help.... how do cope, not be so irritable, communication, what kind of medication, etc..
    (sorry it's not as long or informing like the other post I had attempted to make, it didn't post so I wanted to do a quick post so I could get some responses)

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Personally i think you've been in a rut ever since you came back home to your family. I don't think you expected and where happy with moving back to your home for all the various reasons that are there.

I think that your family members are putting most of the darkness and hatred into your life which is making you depressed. Your sisters constant nagging, and your father looking down on you must not work highly for your self esteem.

Most of the misery that we experience in life comes from other people. Its all about balance, if we get more of this in our lives then we can cope with we become depressed. Your on the end of your wits when it comes to coping with all the negative stuff that is been thrown at you. Especially because its on a constant basis, the people who do this are your boyfriend, your father, and your sister. Your boyfriend 'slowly slipping away' gives you the feeling that you don't have any control over your life , your dad makes you feel like you are a zero and small, and your sisters nagging makes you feel like nothings going right and everything is a mess.

All these factors acted like hammers pounding on your self-esteem.

What you want to do is to achieve small things, anything will do so you can say to yourself i CAN do things in my life. I can achieve something, being in the full knowledge that negativity leads to nowhere, you should stop listening and stop bringing people in your life who do nothing more then bring negativity in. Its a destructive force that you want out of your life.

Personally i would move out again, arrange your own stuff and come at peace with yourself. Going to a psychiater doesn't work if the 'root' (namely your family)of your problem isn't removed, you have to move out again in a non stressfull way to get your life back in place again. If that's not possible, you want to stay in the house, but away from your sister and dad as much as possible. Let them look at their own lives instead of downgrading yours. Its really you vs the world.

3. michaele36

michaele36 New Member

get away from this family of yours. keep in contact but don't live with them

boyfriend problem i cant really help with. my thought is that if he really loved you he wouldn't have left. How close is he to where your living? You might need someone more stable and someone more into you.

4. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

he left because he didn't have enough money to keep up with the apartment bills when he was going back to school, I think that is a good reason.. he lives 20-30 mins away, which isn't far... we see each other a lot still, but with everything going on with me, I don't think he quite realizes everything that I'm going through..

5. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

What matters is that YOU realise what you are going thru. Stop being dependant on your bf to solve your life problems for you. You need to take the step to get out of a miserable situation yourself. Leave from that negative loaded family if you can. Don't take the easy way out, take MEASURES to steer your life into the way you want it to go.

6. cgnmd0819

cgnmd0819 New Member

I'm tryin 2 save money so I can move out.. but it's hard when I have been taking college courses and gotta pay for books and such.. i just wish i could find a roommate..