My Laptop Won't Boot Up...Need Your Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Ludeykrus, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Ludeykrus

Ludeykrus New Member

Computer Info:
    Emachines Laptop w/ 256mb DDRAM, 40 gig IDE hard drive, Celeron CPU @ 2.0gh, wireless network card, running Windows XP.
    My computer's been fine until today. I was setting clearances on a motor in my garage w/ my laptop sitting on a bench as a jukebox. Out of nowhere, the laptop begin's skipping like a CD. I walk over to it, hit CTL+ALT+DLT, and nothing happens and it keeps skipping. I hold down the power button to shut it off, then restart it.

It shoots to the "Safe Mode" screen, and I hit "Start Windows Normally". It does the Windows startup screen, and at the end it restarts and kicks back to the Safe Mode startup screen. I chose 'Safe Mode', 'Safe Mode w/ Networking', 'Safe Mode w/ Command Prompt', and 'Last Known Good Configuration', and all of them do the same; except w/ the safe modes, it runs through and lists the files as it lists them, and the last one it loads is WINDOWS\System32\drivers\Mup.sys, which it stays on for a minute then restarts. One thing to mention is that at the end of the Windows startup, it will flash VERY quickly a blue screen of death, but it's too fast to read anything that it says.

I don't think I have a boot disk, as I never made one after getting the laptop. It also bothers me that the last known good configuration option doesn't work.

Anyone have any clue as to what may be wrong or what I should try first?

2. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Zika Xenu OT Supporter

you need a boot disk :hs: try your windows CD, get into repair mode & rename mup.sys?