My laptop is messed up! Help!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by PoXiC, Mar 17, 2006.

1. PoXiC

PoXiC Don't ask where I got my name

The problem has something to do with the laptop trying to go into hyburnation and it not working. It's got Windows XP and normaly when I shut it down for the night I just close the lid to make it sleep.

Well today I opened it up and it died trying to start up and began to restart itself. I tried booting in safe mode and it shut itself off again during the boot. I tried starting it in normal mode and it shut itself off again at the same time during the boot.

I think it's stuck loading the settings and it goes back into hyburnation during the boot and it cuts itself off... or something like that.

I don't know shit about computers, so is there anyone out there that knows of a way I can handle this? Thanks a billion if you help. :x:

2. kYd

kYd New Member

I had the same problem, couldn't figure out what it was, then I realised the battery wasn't charged up so it kept going into hibernation to save power...pi$$ed myself laughing when I realised. :mamoru:

If its not that, then I don't know

3. PoXiC

The battery is fine, in fact it's plugged into the wall. :hs:

4. PoXiC

anyone?

5. happyrobots

happyrobots Ü

Not a clue. Scan for the latest virus, adware, spyware, etc. If it's not that then I don't know.
    Could format and reinstall everything, if it continues to happen then you know it's the hardware.