My iPod took a shit

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Bolicious, Oct 26, 2005.

1. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

And I was just posting yesterday that my iPod was working great. :down: I guess I forgot to knock on wood.

I don't get it. Last night, I was listening to a podcast and everything was great. I put it on my dresser and went to bed. This morning I grab it and plug it into my Mac to update podcasts and it does nothing. Nothing on the display at all. Doesn't sync with the computer at all. So I think maybe the battery is drained, but 3 hours of charge and still no reaction at all. The iPod is completely dead. :wtf:

Looks like I'll be making my way to the Apple store tonight. :sad2: The drive is gonna suck because I'll have no iPod to listen to the whole way. I'm glad there is a year warranty with Apple.

2. Bolicious

Bolicious Handleobraese

Woot! I looked on Apple's site and found a way to reset it even if it's not responding. I tried doing this without toggling the hold switch, and nothing happened. I toggled the hold switch and then did this and I was money. :big grin:

3. Inferno

Inferno New Member

I could have told you that :o

My Mini did that too, well it wasnt responding and nothing happened when I pulgged it in so I did a hard reset

4. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

so now it works just fine?

if you still doubt its ability to work properly, the apple store can and will do a test on it if it is still under warranty...but it will be gone for about 3-5 days depending on your location