my ipod headphone jack is fux0red

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by dirteemac, Jul 23, 2008.

1. dirteemac

dirteemac hey, how are you?

where can i get it fixed?

applestore?

2. dorkultra

dorkultra OT's resident crohns dude OT Supporter

yep

it might just be dusty or dirty, did you try blowing it out with some compressed air?

3. dirteemac

I dunno. Same thing is starting to happen to my iphone. i guess the jack wears out fast serving double duty as my personal listening device and also the main source of my car's tunes via my car stereo aux input.

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Take a cotton swab (Q-Tip is a name brand and name brand association is one of the more subtle threats to the American economy but I digress) and pull off almost all the cotton on it. Dip the tip in some rubbing alcohol and then use it to clean the jack. It's fairly common for the iPhone and iPod jacks to get a little dirt in there and stop working. I had to do this when my iPhone stopped working (it would ring but answering calls had no sound as it thought the headphones were still plugged in).

5. nsxrebel

nsxrebel New Member

Quit being cheap and get an iPod interface that uses the dock connector. Controlling your iPod/iPhone from your headunit/steering wheel controls FTMFW.

6. Nhubie

Nhubie OT Supporter

You can get a decent unit for <200 dollars. At the same time it will charge your iphone or ipod. This will allow your ipod to be powered on those long 3+ hours road trips.

7. dirteemac