My intro into the fitness forum here...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Crazzy_Al, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

On December 24th at like 3:00 in afternoon I decided to make a big change and turn my body inside out. All through the holiday season I didn't eat any cookies, desserts, sweets, etc. And since then I got a membership to Powerhouse here in Michigan and have been training 4-6 days a week, for 1.5-2.5 hours each visit.
    My diet basically consists of boneless skinless chicken breats (little to no seasoning and either grilled or on the George Foreman) and Tuna Fish. (no mayo, miracle whip, seasoning...anything. Just squeezed dry and right out of the can). I also eat lots of greens and little to no fruit. (lots of sugar in fruit) I am drinking a gallon+ of water a day and physically punishing my body every chance I get.
    The result...
    22lbs of fat GONE!!! And plenty more muscle put on/firmed up!!! ***Pic taken today***
    [​IMG]

***Pic taken 3+ weeks ago*** (cold, before working out my arms and shoulders)
    [​IMG]
    Stomach is looking pretty flat. Chest and arm measurements are getting even bigger. Calves and thighs have gone up slightly in size, but are almost as lean as when I was 185lbs and training really hard. They are hard as a rock. My face is getting thin as hell, too. I still have to keep crunching away at the abs to get rid of the slight love handles I still have. I have upped all of my workouts and cardio. I no longer do the eliptical machine for 30 minutes for my cardio. Now I do the stair climber (not the one that looks like an escaltor) for 30+ minutes at level 7-10. Talk about a miserable and sweaty 30 minutes!!
    Here's a pic of where I was at a couple months back. **Pic taken at Frankenmuth on January 29th 2006** I looked like a chipmunk hiding acorns in my cheeks. :(
    [​IMG]
    Like I said, just an update and intro.

Thanks for looking.:wavey:

2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

You know you won't get rid of the love handles by doing crunches, don't you ?
    Good work though, dedication to both lifting and diet is gonna pay off. A little carbs aren't going to kill you though, especially since they're much needed to get your body into anabolic state (ie : building muscle). So you might want to add some post-workout with some protein.

3. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

I have not done away with carbs all together. I was just saying that my diet is primarily carb-free. Depending on the day and my workout, I might have a small serving of sauceless pasta before or after a workout. Nothing major.

My sides and stomach have gotten a LOT smaller with just crunches. What would be a good workout to get rid of the lovehandles without adding more mass? I'm trying to get lean. The last thing I want to do is add more mass to my waistline...even if it is lean.

4. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Your love handles are made of fat. There's no such thing as spot reduction, so the only thing you can do is to lose some fat by exercising. Crunches are only going to work your muscles underneath the fat.

5. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

your sides and stomach got a lot smaller with your low calorie diet, not crunches.

very nice work, btw.

6. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

So yeah....basically keep doing what I am doing. Lots of cardio and continuing on with the rest of my routine. :big grin:

Thank you.

7. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

By the way, the pic of me in a tie was taken today. I'm 5'11" and the scale at the gym last night read 236lbs. Not sure if that helps with anything, but it kind of gives you an idea as to what I'm working on/at.

Thanks.

8. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

Along with what everybody else said, the only way to lose love handles is by burning the fat with diet and cardio. It's awesome once you start seeing major improvements, it makes you work even harder.

9. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

Nice work man, and props on actually making a detailed first post here.

Just keep it up, you'll be amazed at the difference a year from now.

10. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Thanks for the encouraging words, everyone!!!

11. AaronOC

AaronOC Guest

12. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

:bigthumb: good job bro, gotta love da chicken

13. phish

phish hockey crew

awesome awesome stuff! don't stop now

14. miamiheat13

miamiheat13 New Member

Nice improvement :bigok:

15. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Yeah, unseasoned chicken with hot sauce is the greatest tasting food in the world.:rofl:

I won't!

Thanks, guys.

16. disblohs

disblohs I can't shake this little feeling I'll never get a

is that the powerhouse on allen and sibley?

17. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

grats bro. if you don't already, start a training log. it helps to make you go everyday

18. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Thank you!!!

No sir. I'm at the brand new Powerhouse in Fraser. It's located at 14 and Hayes. It's nice training there. Everything is brand new, clean, not broken, etc. Plus they have a "Gym Kids" area for my little girl to hang out in and get watched over by the girl(s) working in there while my wife and I go to the gym together. Plus, I am able to watch my daughter in that room on a couple of the closed circuit TV's. The membership is a bit more than some places, but I find it to be a very worthwhile investment. Plus, it's roughly 1 mile from my house...so it's not like that's one of the things I have to think about on a day where I might not be as motivated. I used to belong to a few less expensive gyms a few years back and they were farther away, older, dirty, not all the equipment worked, etc. I like this much better.

You know, I used to do that back in High School, and the year or two following, and I see a lot of people atr the gym doing it, but I'm not sure that it's even worth my time. I have a very good memory, and I know where I started, where I'm at, and where I'd like to take this. Do you really feel that stongly about it? Is it THAT helpful? I have no problem taking good advice from others.

19. darkostoj

darkostoj NEEEERRRRDDDDSSSS

The only way to see if it is helpful to try it out. I think the biggest benefit is the motivation. If you go to the training logs sub forum you can peruse through lots of members logs to see what works for different people. It is pretty cool to be able to go back and see what kind of strength gains you got over certain periods of time with different workout routines.

20. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Looking in the mirror, and seeing the progress I have already made is a huge motivating factor for me. Having certain shirts fit tighter, and many of my pants fitting more and more loose also helps a lot. Also remembering what weights I started with a couple months back, compared to what I work out with now helps too. It just makes me keep working harder.

I might try keeping a log though...

21. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

Thats the main reason for starting a log, you can keep track of everything you did, not just where your big 3 are at.

22. Crazzy_Al

Crazzy_Al New Member

Would anyone recommend Superdrol or Methyl DX3 for someone 26 years old, 5'11" ~230lbs, who has dropped 20+ lbs of fat in less than 3 months and is looking to drop another 15-20 more lbs, and also looking to get a LOT bigger in a short period of time? I'm not looking to get "competition" big or as serious and as shredded as Timberwolf, but I just want to obtain a great physique, ~10% body fat, and be very strong (by my standards) over all. I'd like to do this in a short period of time and them just maintain it from there on out.

Should I see significant enough results to make the gear even worth the trouble?

Yes, no? Advice? Thanks, guys.

23. Eschafer

Eschafer New Member

SD works a lot better on a high carb diet. just cut to w/e you want and then decide if you want to bulk with it.

24. shastaisforwinners

shastaisforwinners OT Supporter

25. ChicaBella

ChicaBella Guest

Nice job transitioning into a clean diet. You might want to add some whole grains and a good protein supplement. Keep up the good work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.