my internets have been acting clogged lately

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SPPaintball, Jul 24, 2009.

1. SPPaintball

SPPaintball New Member

before i get started, here's my speed test

Download Speed: 21028 kbps (2628.5 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 4460 kbps (557.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

so i noticed a few weeks ago that whenever utorrent is running, internet browsing seriously slows down to a crawl... i'm talking like sub-56k speeds whether i'm seeding at 5kb/s or 150kb/s. i thought it could be from the number of connections so i lowered them and it seems to have helped... it's just strange that this would all of a sudden become a problem.

also youtube videos have been loading slowly (regardless of browser) whether or not i'm running torrents. a lot of times they'll load like a quarter of the video almost instantly, then either stop completely, or take 10 minutes to load.

finally, the last symptom i've noticed is that i've been getting a shit ton of "your connection to the server has been reset" errors in firefox

i'm pretty much stumped. this happens with wireless or wired connections, and it had always worked fine before. also, my shitty laptop loads youtube videos just fine. :dunno:

2. Fase

Fase Your Face, In A Pickle Jar.

Reset your router?

3. SPPaintball

SPPaintball New Member

tried it :hs:

4. SPPaintball

SPPaintball New Member

i use nod32 for antivirus if it matters to anyone. i thought maybe some real-time scanner was slowing me down but when i disabled it, it was still slow :dunno:

i might just reformat :hs:

5. DigiCrime

DigiCrime If Only!

assuming you have a modem and router make sure only one of them is doing dhcp and not both.