my interface i'm designing for my headunit *pics

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by BoostedBoogie, Mar 17, 2007.

1. the interface on my clarion vrx765vd dvd headunit is pretty decent, actually surprising. but i had decided to do this for my interface design class. project is to create some sort of interface. it can also be experimental, although most of my classmates are designing websites :hsugh:

anyways here are the pics. let me know what you think. my headunit is a touchscreen so you wouldn't really need a remote to browse through music/movies. i have about 700 mp3s so far ready and hoping to fit a few movies in if there is enough space. i will also be including ways to navigate to another folder from within a folder as well, just didn't have time to design that part. this design is based off an old winamp skin i worked on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

wow, pretty nice. now step back and take pics of it on the clarion screen

3. GammaRadiation

GammaRadiation Active Member

You get an F-- for listening to My Chemical Romance.

It looks great. :)

4. Kieffer87

Kieffer87 Orly OT Supporter

Wow that looks awesome. Just curious how you go about doing somthing like that, I didn't know it was possible.

5. i can post up some details later tonight. i'm actually filming myself on camera going through the interface for my interface design final. did a few small changes to the design. i'll get a few pics too :)

and MCR is good. well at least their first 2 albums were :o

6. cam0man

cam0man New Member

nice, are you just designing the frontend and implementing it through skinning an application? or coding the application yourself?

how much of it is functional and how much is just eye candy?

7. Everything is functional except for the bottom graphical equalizer. I'm programming 3 presets into the DVD and partition programming it so I can actually choose 3 preset audio settings.

I designed the entire front end in Photoshop which I will use to program the buttons, links, overlay files, etc in DVD Studio Pro. I also have a few video transitions in between the menus which I rendered out from After Effects using the same PSDs for the menus. But the transitions are just some simple animated scaling for the file names and file folders and some small glows.

8. aznminivan

aznminivan stack that cheese

looks nice how do you go about doing something like this