A&P my installation from last quarter

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Joe, Nov 15, 2003.

1. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

i uploaded the pics to show a friend, figured i'd share with you guys since i rarely ever post anything of my own...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    http://www.joechan.net/water/print2.jpg
    closeup of the image hanging to the left (big pic)

[​IMG]
    http://www.joechan.net/water/print1.jpg
    closeup of image hanging to the right (also a big pic)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    it's hard to show in the photographs, but the tubes leading into the bottles were causing the water to bubble...

people seemed shocked when i told them that i got all of those bottles of water at one store... and those are just the plain water... not the flavored, nutrient added, or other variants...

2. alverino03

alverino03 Active Member

i don't quite understand what the bottles are for :hs:

3. Ekliptix

Ekliptix New Member

is this art?

4. Joe

Joe 2015 :x: OT Supporter

the piece is about consumer elitism and the obsession with bottled water with the idea of cleaniness and purity (hence the two flyers blown up)

the stand was built to imitate a standard gallery stand, and to put the bottles of water on display... each one of the bottles were opened and dirt was added to the water.

in contrast to the bubbling brown water was the picture of the sink behind with the water clear

the main question i was asked was how come the filtration system on the bottles wern't making the water more clear, and i responded that just like with real bottled water, you only think that it's purified and filtered to be completely clean. most bottled water companies don't have to meet strict regulations, which is contrasted by the enlarged flyer from the orange county water district talking about how often they will be testing the recycled sewer water