My HU is acting up...can it be fixed?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by TQ, May 6, 2004.

1. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

I have a Alpine CDA-7875
    http://www.carsound.com/reviews/hd_units/cda-7875.html

The other day, my brother ejected a disc and after it spit the disc out, it froze. I couldn't turn it off or anything, it just read "ERROR" on the face.

I got home and unplugged it to reset it and it did the same thing.

Finally I closed the face gently with my hand (its motorized) and from there I could turn it on and off.

So i turned it back on and now it just sits there turning it self on and off, powercyling itself over and over again :rant2:

Is this a common problem? Where can I get it fixed? :hs:

2. Maud'dib

Maud'dib It's always summer on the inside...

I had a Kenwood KDC-9017 that did this once :dunno:. I looked around inside, was told that it'd cost me 40 bucks to have Kenwood even look at it for me, and then scrapped it and decided I didn't wanna bother with it.

I ended up believing that the ribbon cable which attaches the faceplate to the HU body was corroded or broken, and never bothered to try changing it.

That's all I can tell you, though.

3. Luni420

Luni420 Boost Addict

Try getting to the unit, theres usually a reset button yuo hit with a pin or paperclip.

If not pull it out, with the ignition wire off, pull the yellow wire off and let it sit for a few minutes.

4. TQ

TQ OT Supporter

If you read my post, I already said I tried to reset it :o

I plugged it back in today just for shits and the damn thing wouldn't even power up. If you press the ON button it beeps once and the lights flash :wtc: