My Holden Commodore 5L V8 (Australia)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Placenta Pasta, Dec 22, 2003.

1. Placenta Pasta

Placenta Pasta rb25det powered

[​IMG]

Holden is the Australian arm of General Motors. This is my 1989 Holden Commodore, it's a VN "Berlina" (better interior then Executive or SS, but not as good as Calais) with a HEC (Holden Engine Company) 165kW 5.0 Litre, 2V per cylinder, pushrod EFI V8.

It has a 4 speed automatic, it's RWD and has a 3.08 Borg Warner LSD although this will soon be replaced with 3.9 gears. This one has had a top-end rebuild with new lifters, valve arms, double row timing chain etc. This one also has Pacemaker Extractors and a 2.5" Mandrel-Bent Exhaust so it sounds pretty nice and goes good enough for a daily driver.

At the moment it should do a high 14 (a friend ran 14.6 with same mods and a shift kitted gearbox) but with the new gearing (3.08->3.9) it should do mid-low 14's. To make handling a bit better the car has been fitted with K-mac adjustable strut tops, an adjustable rear panhard bar, 50mm lowered Pedders "Touring" springs and Pedders Sports Ryder shocks.

My only other plans are for DBA slotted rotor's and bigger calipers from a VT Commodore up the front and maybe a Cam & Chip package from C.O.M.E. Racing (V8 workshop over east).

2. d3funct

d3funct OT '03

Not another Commodore P plater :greddy:

3. Placenta Pasta

What's your problem?

I used to own an RX7 so I'm not a bogan, I've had my license for a year and I don't drive like an idiot on public roads so don't stereotype people, dickhead!

4. d3funct

d3funct OT '03

A whole year... my god, you're a champ! :bowdown:

As I said... Not another Commodore P Plater :greddy:

5. IntheWorks

IntheWorks windin film.. takin pics Moderator

what's that mean? I take it it's some aussie term?

BTW b0rg... nice ride... always loved holden's....

6. Placenta Pasta

Heh I noticed you have 2 posts and they're both in this thread. Did you take the time to sign up just to say you don't like Commodores? :ugh: Do you have an actual reason to hate Commodores? What's wrong with them? Why are you taking the piss out of me if you've never even met me?

The list of questions goes on.. :rolleyes:

7. Desolate

Desolate Kinda drifting in the abstract in terms of how I s

nice.. clean lookin and powerful to match :bigthumb:

8. ijustwantpics

ijustwantpics New Member

Looks sweet! Too bad we can't get that stuff in america... :( RWD V8 car > *

9. mrnoogie

mrnoogie Guest

We also have some sweet Ford Falcons another RWD V8, its always been a battle between Holden Commodors and Ford Falcons. There not like the old ford falcons in America.

And the P plate thing is an austalian thing, when you fist get your Lic. you go on P plates which you have to show for a period of time.