My headaches keep coming back :(

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by pimpofthenation, Mar 28, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

A few months ago, I got smacked with a serious, instant headache, that near as I can figure was "weightlifter's cephalgia" It forced me to stop immediately, sit in my truck for 15 minutes, and then drive home shakily. I took a week off, went back, and got it again. I took 3 weeks off, went back and I was OK.

Now, twice this week, I've felt the headache start to creep, but nowhere near as intense as the first time... It only happens when I'm going heavy on something like leg press or bench press. I've been able to, this time, to step back for a few minutes, and then continue my workout, although with a slight lingering headache. I am being very careful about my breathing now. I've been to the doctor, he just told me to take it easy for a while. Since then, I've changed jobs and don't have health insurance yet, so tests and x-rays and shit like that are gonna be out for a while.

Thoughts? Is this something that's going to be a permanent thorn in my side? :wtc:

2. themadpaki

themadpaki There is no money. OT Supporter

is it a pain, or do you get blurry vision? I sometimes feel like I could almost pass out..which also feels like a headache...

3. pimpofthenation

It's a pain. The first one I got, was intense and instant and localized. It felt like somebody hit me with a hammer. I get the blurry/faint sometimes, when I'm pushing it, but that seems independant of this.

4. ruler22

ruler22 Member

I got them too once, exactly how you described it. The next couple days just doing light weights I would get it back. I took a few days off, and it went away. The a few weeks later I got one again....I havn't had one recently though and I only got them usually doing leg workouts.

5. phish

phish hockey crew

hmmm could it be something physically wrong with your body? What did your doctor say?

6. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

If the doctor didnt do anything for you or tell you what it was then I wouldn't forget about it. My brother who just turned 17 lost his eye sight and fell down all of the sudden; went to the E.R. and found out 1/4th of his brain is a black tumor (near the spinal cord) and he has a few months to live. Just like that.

Get it checked out by a pro if it's really that odd and painful when you get insurance (hopefully soon). Whats the worst that can happen, you waste a day to offically confirm your healthly? Maybe seeing my little brother has spooked me but I'm more careful now of little things than I ever was before and prob will be forever.

7. phish

phish hockey crew

wow.. dude.. i'm so sorry :(

8. joed1228

joed1228 New Member

dont sweat it, nothing anyone can do. just saying that something little or even nothing can turn into something. take care of yourself and be happy if you have warnings ahead of time. live longer and spend more time beating yourself up in the gym :)

9. Devil

Devil I have become my terror. OT Supporter

have you checked your breathing

the first time that happened to me it was because i wasn't breathing properly and exerting too much force. all of a sudden it felt like i got hit in the head and it wouldn't go away for a good while

edit maybe i should read more closely next time :o

best thing to do is take a couple of weeks off, go back to lifting, start out light. if you're doing everything properly and it comes back, wait until you have insurance. dont lift, just go to the doctor

10. phish

phish hockey crew

It's amazing how something like this can completely open up your eyes. You stop taking things for granted and learn to appreciate the smaller things in life. :hs:

11. pimpofthenation

Damn. Sorry man. Makes my problems seem minor. :hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.