My gym's downsizing was a FUCK TON worse than I thought it would be

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Seraph, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seraph

Seraph Guest

The original facility was about twice the size of your average basketball gym. It was a huge open space with an indoor track, TONS of machines, and you never had to wait for anything you wanted to use.

Well, they moved and said they had to ditch half of the machines due to the downsize. Not too bad, I thought, since they had a lotta machines I didn't use anyways.

Well I get there today and my fucking jaw hit the floor. The new place is split into two separate rooms. The first room is about 20 x 20 feet, closed in, with as many of their cardio machines as they could fit next to eachother. Not enough room to even get on the ellipticals in the middle.

The second room, the now "weight room" was about 25 x 25 feet. There was one DB flat bench (used to be 3), zero incline or military DB benches (used to be 3-4), and ONE BB BENCH. NO INCLINE BENCHES AT ALL. NO MILITARY BENCHES ANYWHERE. ONE SQUAT RACK (used to be about 10).

Turns out this place was previously a Karate school. They squeezed a 25,000 square foot gym into a few hundred square foot Karate school.

Luckily, all I have to do is write a certified letter through the post office and I can get outta contract. BUT FUUUUUUCK

Cliffs: Gym went from 25,000 sq ft to a few hundred square feet with one squat rack and one bench.

2. nwmrkt

nwmrkt New Member

fuck them

3. Seraph

Seraph Guest

I feel bad because all the employees are cool as shit. Very personable and they know your name. I can appreciate great customer service and a well run business. It wasn't one of those ritzy places that have movie theaters and raquetball courts, but it wasn't a hole in the wall either. It was a perfect medium of the two.

Now, it's a piece of fucking garbage. My high school gym was 3 times the size of the new place. Already in the hour I was there, two of the three other dudes had at some point been using equipment I wanted to use. Also, I saw a guy trip over a weight and a dolly fell on a woman's foot.

There's not even room to jump rope. And I'm not kidding. They packed in as much shit as they could.

4. cura

cura New Member

time to cancel your contract. No way they can legally enforce it

5. xela

xela So say we all!

I wonder why they made such a drastic move. Money problems?

6. b21bballer

b21bballer Active Member

Few hundred feet? :ugh:

7. BlkX

BlkX New Member

Just went through the same thing...fortunately I was just paying $15/mo at the old place...switched to a big chain with tons of room and it's much better. Sucks that I'll be on the hook for that $15 for another year or so. Two year contracts FTL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.