My grip is worse with straps. V. I don't know how to use them?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by AznRyda, Jan 8, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

http://www.flexcart.com/members/elitefts/default.asp?m=PD&cid=139&pid=913

I bought those ones and I tried them out. I read the guides on how to use it, but when I stick my hand through and wrap it around the bar, my grip is significantly worse. When I'm gripping the bar with the strap, not only is the material of the strap making the bar harder to grip, it also makes the circumference of what I'm trying to grip much larger, so my grip sucks some balls.

Am I using it wrong? I think I'm going to return them.

2. jackjohnson

jackjohnson simple as something nobody knows OT Supporter

i wear mine so that they are more on the bottom of the palm of my hand instead of the wrists. when they are wrapped around my wrist they hurt. it takes a few days to get used to them

3. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

how are they wrapped around the bar?

when you grip the bar, the strap should hang down on the other side of the bar from your hand (i.e. bar should be between your hand and the strap)
    pull it around with your fingers and wrap it that way

does that make sense?
    if you wrap it the wrong way, it'll definitely be harder

4. AznRyda

AznRyda キモかわいい!

yeah I understand what you are saying. I'll try it next time. makes more sense.

5. Grouch

Grouch Guest

:wavey:

6. onslaught61

onslaught61 OT Supporter

:werd:

unless you lift an extreme amount of weight...

7. Bobert

Bobert OT Supporter

ATTN: Grouch

I picked up a Chicago Yellow Book today, its fucking mean looking. I'd take a picture but that would require me unpacking. Whats the thickest you've gone through? The sections of it are 80 pages,16p, 1663p ,24p, 437p, and 55 pages... equaling a total of 2275 pages :eek4:.

8. Grouch

Grouch Guest

jesus christ thats a big book. but there are differnt kinds of papers used in books too. Like the phone books the WR is set with are 1000p bookl made form something like bible paper. Regardless thats sounds big. The thickest I've done was 1886 or something like that. And it was 2.75 inches thick or so. I still have the half of it somewhere here.

9. ACURA TL-S

ACURA TL-S OT Supporter

When you grip a bar without straps, especially non alternating grip, the bar has the tendency to roll in your hand and that is what straps prevent. lets say you have a pronated grip which is normal for people shrugging when they are not using an alternated grip. This means that your fingers would be going down the front of the bar and curling back toward you. Therefore, the strap should be going down the back of the bar and wrapping away from you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.