SRS my girlfriend has 2-5 months...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by amac88, Mar 22, 2008.

1. amac88

amac88 New Member

Weve only been together just over a month, but I thought Id finally found a girl who didnt have any real problems, no baggage really. We get along great, seeing each other every weekend or so. Yesterday when she and her friend came over, I could tell somethin was different though. She didnt wanna be touched or anything, and seemed upset. Finally I got the story out of her. She has Stage 4 ovarian cancer. By this stage, youre basically guaranteed not to live. She has 2-5 months to live...

In early 05, I lost my step-grandfather. A week later, one of my favorite teachers also passed. 6 months later, it was my grandma's time, I was really close to her. Thats 3 deaths within 6 months. Add that to the fact that, 4 days before my grandma passed away, I found out I had Hepatitis C from a blood transfusion as a baby. The medicine made me very depressed, on top of what was already going on. Over the next couple years, I thought I had finally beaten depression. Now, this. I really dont know what Im gonna do right now. Everything keeps fucking up in my life, and I cant do anything about it. Im really just ranting here.

It seems like Ive realized how bad this is before she has. I dont think its really hit her yet, that by the end of the summer, she could very well no longer exist in the world. Shes gonna try chemo, but Ive seen what that does to people, its not fun. If it were me, Id rather live out my last few months having fun, not laying in bed sick all the time. I dont really know what to think right now, I cant imagine how her parents and siblings must feel.

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

How sad, sorry to hear that considering I remember your past with women and go figure you find one you like and are happy and this bomb gets dropped. However, there have been people diagnosed with cancer who has lived til old age and certainly lived past the amount of time the doctors gave (in your case 2-5 months).

All I can say is just be there for her and try to stay positive.

3. cope

cope GETONMYHYPE

Thats hella sad man :wtc:
    Im sorry for you and your girl..

4. cascade85

cascade85 New Member

:hug: i am so sorry, i will keep you in my thoughts. Hang in there.

5. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

wow that sucks bud

6. GMtime

GMtime New Member

I'm really sorry to hear this.... If she already hasn't, I would try to urge her to get 2nd, 3rd and 4th opinions on options and possible treatments.

7. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

:werd: I knew one of my friends needed to get treatment for a foot injury, the first doc told her that she needed it to get amputated. She went to another doc who was able to give her treatment for the injury, which she is now doing completly fine. May not be too related, but it may work for her. Either way, its a sad thing to hear :wtc:

8. amac88

amac88 New Member

Update: She got a 2nd opinion, may not be as bad as it sounds. I dont know all the details yet, but theyre now saying it may not be Stage 4, could be even Stage 1-2, meaning it would be operable. However, this would mean she could never have kids, though thats not really a problem for her right now. Still, Ive been seeing her as much as I can, and I can tell she's trying to not think about it, and just live life, which is what she should be doing.= in my opinion. Ill keep you guys updated.

9. METALLlC BLUE

METALLlC BLUE New Member

Keep us informed, this news is good so far.

10. tenxia

tenxia OT Supporter

just came in here to say I am sorry to hear about your girl. :(

11. childofbean

childofbean Green Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; PPC; 240x320))

I'm really sorry that you and her have to go through this. :hs:
    I hope that it turns out to not be as bad as they first thought.

12. bluefox1081

bluefox1081 New Member

Terrible news to hear about anyone involved in your life. Just be there for her, and support her, and understand that she's gonna be going through an emotional rollercoaster. Best of luck to the both of you.
    :hug:

Can she have her eggs frozen, or doesn't that work as well as freezing sperm?

13. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

If she can't have kids she can always adopt. I can understand being upset that you cant bare your own children, but there's nothing more annoying when those people don't even contemplate helping the millions of adoptable children. Just because you can't have your own genes spread doesn't mean you can't be a wonderful parent to a child/baby who doesn't have anyone.

14. mrchina

mrchina Guest

FUCK CANCER!!!!!

Good luck to her, you and both of your friends/family.

15. badflash

badflash New Member

My good friend overcame ovarian cancer three years ago, and the best advice i can give is to be there and be compassionate. Good luck. Hopefully you and/or her can get involved in a Relay for Life or some variation in the future!

Work towards the cure!
    http://www.relayforlife.org/relay/