SRS My GF is prego...I need advice.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by westside27375, Oct 9, 2006.

1. westside27375

westside27375 Turbos for life!!

Ok...Long story...kinda

My current GF and I have been together, off and on, for about 3 years. She is now 2 months prego and it was unexpected news, but good news too. I'm not ready for kids yet...but we decided to have it since I need to man up and be responsilbe for my actions...etc.

So, I finally got around to telling my family and stuff...all is well....untill today.

Today I find out that the love of my life is now single and wants to get with me to get married and stuff with me...(the love of my life is not my current GF). I've been waiting for this for a long time...so here is the delema...

Do I not get married with my current GF just cause of the kid...or should I go be with the love of my life??? So confused. Do I suggest abortion to my GF? She would freak out I'm sure. I don't want to hurt her cause I do care about her...

OH and the love of my life doesn't know about the little one on the way.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2006
  2. pixing

pixing New Member

don't get married to *anyone* now - you are obviously not in the right frame of mind

the so-called love of your life is recently single and has already told you that she wants to be married to you? that sounds odd - plus if you have a baby on the way that will change everything

you and the mom-to-be should discuss all of your options and consider adoption, clearly marriage to her isn't a lifetime commitment that you are willing to make right now

3. westside27375

I should clarify...

I don't want to, or plan on, getting married to anyone right now. Marrige is not something I want to jump into yet. Neither was kids..but I'm past that point now.

My GF is someone who I had planned on being with because the love of my life told me that she was out of the picture for me....and hence why I started a life with my GF.

Now the option to be with the person who I truely admire and desire is a reality. I am wondering if I should take it.

You see...with my GF...marriage was something I was unsure about with her. Until the kid came along...but, I don't want to get married just because of the kid...I know that is wrong.

With the other woman...I have no doubts about marriage. It is something I want with her and I know she feels the same way...just down the road.

Also, I'm not about to jump into a relationship with the other woman because she just broke up with the dude...and well, I know that sometimes they go back to the old way...etc.

I'm just confused were to take this next.

4. 7960

7960 New Member

she put it out there that she was interested in westside WITHOUT kids...wait until she finds out you knocked up your g/f

5. westside27375

Yeah thats what I was thinking...I should tell her what my current situation is.

6. $shot

$shot OT Supporter

whatever you do, you better be sure before you talk about it with ur gf/ex gf. if you tell your current gf about the situation, then things don't pan out with the ex, then trust and security could be crushed in the mind of the current gf and a future with her could be ended.

tough decision

7. big 1

big 1 New Member

I think you might be attracted to the "love of youre life" because she ISNT pregnant. Shes probably single, pretty, and wants to be with you....what wrong with this picture?
    If you loved this "love" so much, why did you date someone else in the first place? there must be a reason why you chose to be with your current gf. If temptation did have to hit you, it hit you at the worst time. Its been my observation that a guy's true character comes out when he gets his wife/girlfriend pregnant.
    While you shouldnt get married just for the sake of the child, you should know that your current girlfriend loves you for WHO you are, because she did not "trick" you into getting pregnant. This "love" sounds as if shes crawling back to you for some good-ol rebound comfort. tell her youve got a baby on the way, and see what happends....
    Take these words and do what you will...

8. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

Don't EVER get married because you are having a child with the person. Don't ever settle for second best either when choosing your spouse. You can still take care of your child and be a father without being married to your child's mother. Don't confuse the two.

9. SeaMack99

SeaMack99 OT Supporter

Please be honest with her and tell her the truth. It will hurt her feelings but in the long run it will be better. If she isn't the one for you stick to your guns. Women have this weird way making you do things your not ready for. I'm speaking from experience on this one. If your not ready to get married do not kid yourself or her. Be the best father you can and support them. It can be done without getting married.