My GF gets bladder infections ALL THE TIME

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Grouch, Jun 18, 2006.

1. Grouch

Grouch Guest

So it seems that my GF gets bladder infections after just about every time we have sex. Its a semi long distance thing but I see her 2-3 times a month for a few days each time. I dont think its an issue of to much sex in a short period of time because she's gotten them even when its been 1 sex session in a week.

So now the DR has her on some antibiotic that she is to take anytime we have sex.

Its not condoms or any lube either since she still gets them either way.

Anyone have any ideas as to what might be causing them.

2. giapia

giapia Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you re

when she goes to the bathroom, does she wipe up or down? and...is she prone to not wearing underwear?

serious questions

3. jaws

jaws Chewie here tells me you're lookin' for passage to

Make sure she pee's after sex

4. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

Are YOU the infected one? You might be a carrier and are reinfecting her each time you have sex. Might be worthwhile checking it out.

5. joyceebabe

joyceebabe New Member

tell her not to take bubble baths

6. Grouch

Grouch Guest

She doesnt have an STD. She was tested for both clamidia and ghonorrea when she went on the pill. She gets these infections within a day or two of sex. Not the week+ that it takes for the symptoms of these STDs to show. And like I said it happens with and without condoms.

7. Grouch

Grouch Guest

Dont know about the wipeing but she does wear underwear 99% of the time.

8. Grouch

Grouch Guest

yeah she does that too.

:hs:

9. Asgard

Asgard New Member

The Pill + Anti-Biotics=little Grouch!

10. Two toys

Two toys New Member

they were asking about STDs they wanted to know if maybe your penis was infected, and actually causing it.. go get it checked out.

11. lauren

lauren Active Member

sure its a uti, and her ureathra isnt just bruised?

12. hatomaki

hatomaki New Member

I am not certain what this comment means exactly, but I am concerned that it advocates antibiotic use while on the pill. WHile this is not harmfull, it will render the pill ineffective while the antibiotics are active in the system.

13. Asgard

Asgard New Member

........:rofl:

14. okeefe

okeefe New Member

The direction of wiping and not taking bubblebaths are accurate. Antibiotics do reduce the efficiency of the pill. It's possible she's just prone to the infections, and any change in the perianal area, i.e. sex, gives her problems. Does she get them any other time, not related to sex? I've known women who get them all the time, other who never get them (like me), and everything in between. Drinking lots of cranberry juice helps bladder infections. And always drink lots of water, that helps keep your system flushed out regardless. WebMD is a great resource for medical questions, and some natural or holistic remedies might give her some help. Google it.

15. Cerridwen

Cerridwen Guest

I have dealt with this also and it is a horrible thing. One year I had literally over 20 infections. I would barely be off of the antibiotics and I would get another one.

Everything said above is true BUT you don't want to drink too much cranberry juice. My doctor limits me to 12 ounces a day, otherwise it will throw off the ph of your bladder and cause more problems than it does good.
    One thing your girlfriend might want to look into is Interstitial Cystitis. A lot of women who get repeat infections are actually dealing with IC.

I have personally found that antibiotics immediately after sex and then 12 hours later (which is what is prescribed to me) works wonders, but there are also a couple of other things that affect them. My mood is the biggest one. If I have sex while I am upset or angry it is a guaranteed infection. If I get overly stressed out chances are I will get an infection. If I drink too much soda (or caffeine) I will get an infection. It has taken years for me to link those things specifically to my bladder infections. I am down to about 2 a year and I am thrilled with that.

Good luck to your girlfriend!

16. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

lol grouch, grippers have no bladders. silly man :wavey:

17. Grouch

Grouch Guest

oh shit you're right...:hs:

how ever her cycle is still working in acording to the pill though. :noes:

18. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

This is a valid question, which should be answered.

If you do ass to vag you can give her an infection. Some women are more prone to this than others, in my experience.

Alternately, if you finger her, avoid touching her urinary tract.

We wash up with a warm washcloth with anti-bacterial soap after sex, seems to work well for us.

19. age of quarrel

age of quarrel New Member

that's the only thing my doctor told me

20. RougeOgre

RougeOgre FS Librarian and MOD

We had to switch to Ivory soap and perfume and dye free laundry soap/ fabric softner. Maybe a combination of the sex and existing allergy? Just a thought.

21. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Yeah ... wash your hands? Clip your fingernails while you're at it, I'm sure she'll appreciate it! ;)

22. foad

foad New Member

By doing this if she is "dirty" she can get them as well. You need to make sure you hit that ass after you turn out the vag!. Don't mix!

23. guiltybystand3r

guiltybystand3r On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for e

you boys are sour, no other explaination

24. Sionell89

Sionell89 I grew up when I wasn't looking

I wasn't implying an STD. However, you could be carrying a bacterial infection or a yeast infection and it doesn't both you. But every time you two have sex, you could be reinfecting her with something relatively benign but irritating as hell.

25. nzwasp

nzwasp New Member

My girlfriend is also prone to getting these all the time, the doctor said it is very common with most girls. One of my friends said that there is actually a surgical operation that can be made to widen the uretha to stop this from happening. However i'd say this was a pretty extreme action. Although I've never had it with any other girl. I think its very annoying for her though, and I think it stops her from enjoying sex because she gets it so much. I've been seeing her for about 2 1/2 years and shes taking antibiotics like 40 times since we started dating. I've taken antibiotics like 3 times in my life!!