My friends fujitsu laptop has been BSOD'ing.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by fixthe fernback, Jan 6, 2008.

1. fixthe fernback

fixthe fernback New Member

She has also said that it doesn't like turning on, like she'd turn it on but it would just stay at a black screen. She's been trying to reformat but the fujitsu boot restore disk is going slowly and isn't doing anything she claims.

Is this a hardware issue? She doesn't know computers and she claims the BSOD says something different every time, but she doesn't know what it has said. I'm fairly certain it's a hardware thing, but she's stubborn and won't accept that fact. What should I tell her? It's out of warranty, btw.

2. Doc Brown

Doc Brown Don't make me make you my hobby

Maybe the fans got clogged up and it's overheating?

:dunno:

3. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

If it says something different every time, then it's most likely the RAM. If it were the CPU, it wouldn't even bluescreen at all, just reboot. If it were the hard drive, it would tick-tick-tick-tick constantly, and if it were a corrupt file, the bluescreen would say the same thing every time.

4. Fifafever

Fifafever OT Supporter

Could also be the power supply.

5. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

It's possible, but unlikely. Laptops don't have the same PSU problems that desktops have, because their batteries can supply all the different voltages they need without using transformers. So it could be a battery problem, but it's almost certainly not a PSU problem.