My Friend Told Me Continually Flexing = Results

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by who?, Jul 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. who?

who? Guest

He told me once that continually flexing certain parts, or every part of your body for 15 misn a day can burn fat and also make it look cut.. is my friend:

a. speaking the truth
    b. a douche taht doesnt know what hes talking about
    c. partial correct - explain

2. ZeroSkillet

ZeroSkillet Matt Hughes > *

I have no idea even though those exercises where lets say you push up against a wall and such "work"

But I do know that you should "flex" at the "climax" of every workout movement.

3. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

I am not quite sure, however I do know that a large majority of my friends that do the bodybuilding thing usually spend about 20min a day 4X per week just on flexing alone. Prior to a competition they also stop lifting for about 6-8 days before hand and do nothing but tons and tons of flexing up until the show..... and then, when they take some time off after the show(usually 2 weeks), before getting back into lifting again they spend a good week just working with flexing.

4. CPop

CPop New Member

Flexing alone isn't going to win you any BB contests. The couple friends I have that do BB stuff don't stop lifting until the contest. If they did stop, I imagine it would be because they're so dehydrated and feel like crap.

5. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

lemme guess, did his name start with 'film' and end with 'boy'? :eek3:

6. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

flexing has no eccentric (negative) movement therefore it cannot replicate the stimulus of a load induced by weight training. you might expend some calories, but very minimal. the biggest loss is looking like a dumbass while doing it.

7. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

most likely to simulate and prepare for the compulsory and call outs when they have to hold their poses and work on coordinated flexing. but i doubt they're doing it as a workout

8. xela

xela So say we all!

Would Yoga count as countinually flexing? If so then, yeah...you'd burn calories.

9. PurEvl

PurEvl going out gassed and not half assed...

flexing helps a competitive BB'er squeeze out remaining glycogen and get as much blood in around contest time, it wont help the average gym rat. But it does help with muscle control and flexabilty.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.