SRS My friend just got back from detox yesterday...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by AndrewLD, May 22, 2008.

1. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

He went in because he was addicted to pain killers. He just came back yesterday. We got together last night and grabbed some dinner. While we were hanging out, he told me that he is going to start doing heroin because it is cheaper than pain killers. He doesn't plan on injecting - only snorting.

Now. This is a huge shock to me. I mean, the kid just got back from detox. Now he wants to do heroin? I tried warning him about pain killers and how addictive they are. He basically just snapped at me and told me not to worry about his life and that he could control it.... well that didn't turn out so well.

I know I am not going to be able to convince him to not do it, but I was wondering if anyone here did heroin before and could give me some insight so I can pass it on to him? Mainly for snorting though, because he claims he would "never use a needle."

2. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

never say never. He keeps this up and I guarantee he will have a needle in his vein.

3. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I am supposed to hang out with him tomorrow. I am going to tell him that he shouldn't do it.

And I forgot to mention his "plan." So this was his first time in detox and shit and now he just got back, yadda yadda. So he says this, "basically I am going to spend $80 a week on heroin and do a 1/3 of a bag each day for about 6 months and then I will go into detox before I build a tolerance."

I thought with heroin you build tolerance fairly fast? And just like you said bacdo, it's insanity :hs:

4. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I hope I can talk some sense into him. He was such a good kid before he started doing pain killers :hs:

5. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

I hope not :hsd:

6. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

wow... Cause his whole idea is that if he is just blowing it, then he won't get addicted as fast or something.

7. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

Glad to hear you are good now :hug:

I will definitely have to tell him what you told me about how much he will end up doing.

8. ~stangzorized~

~stangzorized~ New Member

all he did was a detox? All that does is get you out of the physical withdrawls.. That's it. He needs rehab or jail.

9. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

Thread.

10. adamvese

adamvese New Member

That or he's dead.

If you are his friend, you'll make sure he gets further help.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

i think you should get him and morrowasted on the phone together

12. AndrewLD

AndrewLD New Member

This was his first time in rehab and it was for oxys. I am going to try my best to talk him out of it, but i know he is going to be a stubborn idiot :rolleyes: