SRS My Friend Got a Bird in the Philippines Pregnant

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Wrigley, Jan 8, 2010.

1. Wrigley

Wrigley New Member

on holiday last year part of which was in the Philippines. He shagged a prostitute out there and they kept in touch via email afterwards.

Soon after she claimed to be pregnant. He was suspicious at first but he showed me the photos of her with a pregnant belly tonight. So she is definitely with child. Might be his might be someone else's.

What do you think is the moral thing to do here? It was a two night stand so it's hardly like he wants to have a relationship but it seems he is going to be a father of a child.

2. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

do nothing until it can be proved that the child is his.

3. Myke108

Myke108 OT Supporter

Assuming your friend is an adult, he made the choice to fuck her--said choice included the possibility of a child. Morally, he shouldn't be shagging a prostitute--who even keeps in touch via email with a prostitute? Realistically, it sounds like a scam. Ethically, he should support the woman in her choice and deal with the consequences of his choices. And honestly, he's pretty screwed.

4. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

A friend of mine is the daughter of a navy man who was station in the Philippines for a bit. He never contacted her mother or her, and she has hated him for her entire life. She is a very nice and well-adjusted woman, but she will never be able to forget that her father wanted nothing to do with her.

5. Capt. Slow

Capt. Slow Member

However it very well may be a scam of some sort.

6. TFunkadelic

TFunkadelic One Nation Under A Groove

It sure wouldn't be fun to grow up knowing you were a product of prostitution.

7. TheOutlawTorn

TheOutlawTorn New Consequence Machine

It's hard to believe that it's his. I mean, after all she IS a prostitute. If he's man enough, she should agree to a paternity screening. Then take it from there.

8. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

Morally he should probably look at helping her out.

Logically he should get a blood test or DNA test to see if it's his before committing anything to it.

In the end though she is there and he is where he is, he could ignore her and forget about it, if his conscience allows him to do such things, but the fact that he talks to her and has pictures means that he is likely going to get pulled in.

9. skierd

skierd Member

Being pulled in was the problem in the first place. ;) He should get a paternity test and go from there...

10. johan

johan Active Member

A overseas prostitute latching on for child support. You'd think they could at least come up with something original.

If this is something that will bother his conscience, then get a paternity test.
    Pending results, be prepared to walk away.

11. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

He went to an overseas prostitute and then kept in touch with her?????

This guy is missing the point of the entire prostitute thing....

I hate to say this, but if you want to make the case that there is nothing wrong with prostitution then this guy has NO moral obligation whatsoever.

There is like a zero percent chance this is his kid. He is being played for a fool.

Here let me help him in his next email...

"I suggest you contact authorities and start the legal proceedings to sue me for child support.

Yours truly,"

Zero percent chance that will ever happen.

12. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

No he shouldn't.

What is he going to do, travel back there to assure that the testing is being done fair and square?

He should ignore it.

13. 7960

7960 New Member

what is she askng for?

14. wax

wax New Member

First off, he shouldn't have kept in contact with her. Who fucks a prostitute then trades contact info?

Second off, if there is a chance this hooker is pregnant, that would imply he fucked her without protection. Who goes to a third-world country and has unprotected sex with a hooker?

By him keeping in touch she very well could have saw this as an opening to scam him into thinking she was pregnant with his child. It is possible for the child to be his, but I would definitely question the whole situation.

If he gets screwed over it would certainly be his fault. Unprotected sex with a prostitute AND kept in touch with her?! This guy is crazy!

15. Sooka

Sooka New Member

:werd:

Maybe he was really lonely, but he would be an even bigger idiot to actually help her with the kid. I mean for god sakes it's a fucking hooker from half the world away it's not like she can make him pay child support. I would seriously just break off contact with her and let her take care of her own fucking problems. Just because he fucked the hooker doesn't mean it's his problem that she got pregnant. I mean she's a hooker for god sakes, she knew the risks she was taking and now she can deal with the consequences on her own. If he does anything besides breaking off contact with her then he's a complete idiot.

If he's man enough then he'll tell her to fuck off instead of letting a hooker from a foreign country take over his life.

16. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

This.

Your friend is an idiot.

17. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

What I think is the moral thing to do here is for you to NOT judge your friend. Just help them and accept that we all make mistakes. He's made one and will have to live with the consequences. If you start laying all sorts of judgments on him for this, it will do much more harm than good.

For me, I've never had a hooker because it's not something I'm interested in. They all seem like complete skanks to me. I don't care if others use them it's just not for me. However, assuming I got a hook, I wouldn't raw dog her no matter what. I certainly wouldn't keep in touch with her for months afterwards and assuming she did end up pregnant, I wouldn't do shit till a couple of paternity tests were performed. If it turned out to be my kid, I would do my best to raise it with all the love and support that I can muster.....afterall, it's my fucking kid too.

18. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

The entire argument for legalizing prostitution gives men an out as far as being responsible for the child is concerned.

19. Coottie

:rofl: That has to be one of the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.

They are mutually exclusive.

20. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

I meant within the confines of a prostitute/client.

21. Coottie

I understood the context...hello...it's the fucking topic of the thread.

Your response doesn't change my previous opinion. If you think I'm misunderstanding your point, try explaining it with more than one or two sentences because right now, it's pretty easy to understand and it's ridiculous.

22. 7960

7960 New Member

Are you trying to say that because prostitution is illegal that he's not responsible for the kid?

23. johan

johan Active Member

Not to impugn an entire race but I would bet the situation is as follows:

Most likely, he did use a condom. When questioned, the girl will shrug and say "I don't know...but it's yours, I'm sure of it..."

He's not got too much experience around women, and is usually a little lonely.
    This is what led him to plug a prostitute in the first place.
    This is also what led him to continue to keep in touch via email ("well, its a GIRL...so why not...")

The filipino girl picked up on this tendency in your friend.

And she's got a boyfriend, and they both think its a great idea to squeeze your friend for money.

I'd ignore the sting. Because that's what this is.

24. GregFarz78

GregFarz78 New Member

Sounds shady as fuck first off who keeps in touch with a prostitute? :ugh: second she lives in another country a poor one at that she's probably just trying to scam him out of money.

25. 7960

7960 New Member

MORALLY? he should find out if the kid is his and then offer to bring him/her to the US to raise (but leave the chick there).

REALISTICALLY? he should dump that email address and erase all traces of that email being attached to his life.