My friend acts like a little bitch to his GF

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Diesel Fumes, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Diesel Fumes

Diesel Fumes Guest

Good friend of mine of several years. Anyways, he gets together with a girl (I don't like her nor is she attractive but thats besides the point) and he has moved in with her. They are supposedly engaged too. In private, he will sometimes tell me that he is taking things too fast with her, he is sick of her being a bitch, etc. Anyways, my problem is that his relationship with this girl is ruining my friendship with him and I really don't like it. She controls him hardcore and he seems to just sit back and take it. I think it is perhaps because he fears that if he breaks up with her, he wont be able to get his own place and will have no where to live, etc.

The worse case I have seen is where I call him up and ask him to go do something. He asks his gf if he can go out, she will say no. The times she says yes, she will keep calling my cellphone and wanting to talk to him and she also gets mad if he's late getting home even if its not late. I can see that he is only asking for trouble if he continues what he is doing, but is it my right as a man to step up and tell him to quit the BS? Or do I just leave it and forget about it, killing our friendship in the meantime.

It's his first serious GF and he is probably just pussy whipped, but a lot of men have been there....

2. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

We had a friend like that. He was a huge bitch. We'd be getting ready to go out and his gf would call him and be like "take me out to dinner" and he'd cancel plans with us as we were getting in the car to go because she wanted to do something.

Cliff's:

- she was a golddigging bitch
    - they were engaged after less than a year
    - she stood him up at the altar AFTER HE HAD FLOWN TO HAWAII FOR THEIR WEDDING (golddigging bitches require extravagant weddings on tropical islands)
    - he's lucky she changed her mind about the marriage because they would've been divorced and he would've lost half his assets to her

Basically tho it's something your friend will have to figure out for himself. Nothing you say or do will fix it. Once he is sick of being a bitch, he will become a man. Pretty much every guy has been there to some degree.

3. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

make new friends

let your friend live his life and you live yours

4. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

Have a long chat with your friend, tell him to get some balls :dunno:

5. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

LOOOOOOOOOOL, honestly do you really this this would work? Talking to him is going to do absolutely NOTHING. I have lost almost all of my friends to women. :rolleyes: Fucking chumps.

6. iwishyouwerebeer

I don't think you are chlywly...unless you are drunk or something.

7. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

No not drunk, just bitter because talking never works.. no matter how much sense I've tried to bring across, how many heart felt conversations I've had... I always end up losing my close friend to some dumb bitch, most recently as well........ I'm sick of it, fuck them.

8. iwishyouwerebeer

Ouch

Well maybe talking to him won't work at all, honestly I don't think a talk with his friend will make him any less of a pussy-whipped bitch...but it's worth a shot. Could even make our TS feel he's at least tried everything. If it doesn't work then he needs to find a better friend :dunno:

9. ChaCha

ChaCha Active Member

that's life unfortunately

10. 04JETTA

04JETTA OT Supporter

hada friend who did the same...........havent seen the kid in months

11. iwishyouwerebeer

I've lost a ton of girl friends that way. Have one guy friend who is notorious for it. We all love when he's single because when he has a girlfriend he literally can't be seen or heard from the entire time.

12. DavidC

DavidC New Member

my brother is basically the same way.
    no one he knows and no one i knows like his gf
    but he chooses to stay with her.
    he apologizes for things he didnt even do wrong.
    no one knows how to get through to him.

its the most annoying thing in the world to watch and I feel like his friends have started to give up on him. its quite sad but its his loss really.

13. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

If anyone can think of a way to help the thread starter and get the other guy to listen please for the love of god let me (and apparently a lot of us) know. Talking does nothing, and usually (in my experience) makes you come across like an asshole

14. DrK_Mrk_iV

DrK_Mrk_iV OT Supporter

It just means he's insecure. I never understand why people throw themselves into a situation/relationship that makes them bloody miserable... Oh well, that's their choice. Be happy it isn't you. My friend is going through the same thing. Turns into a totally different person, turns a blind eye towards me, doesn't return phone calls, etc. Whatever.

15. CHOWBOX

CHOWBOX OT Supporter

no way. i lost some friends because of my ex. it will be the biggest mistake of your life if you do. She would be jealous when i went out with them and it drove them away. not much i can do about it now, but look back and realize that good friends are way harder to find than a new mate. sad but true

not to diss the good women of ths sub but as hindsight is 20/20 i am a true believer of

"bros before hoes"

this only true if she controlling and won't let you see them or is jealous of your seeing them. there should be separate time when she has her life and you have yours.

you'll go crazy if you dont

16. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

fixed

17. WGD87

WGD87 New Member

I don't think stuff like that can really be fixed by anyone but the friend himself. I think it is always a good idea to state your point in a non-offensive way. Depending on how to-the-point and respectful your convo goes it will kind of make the outcome of how he takes it good or bad. However, I don't know how effective it will be.

I guess I feel like I kind of have to say it is his business how he chooses to run his life. If he decides it is up to the girlfriend if he can go out then that is how he wants it for whatever reason. The part that becomes your business is how he is treating your relationship and I suppose a small amount of friendly advice is appropriate.

Some people just end up that way. Sometimes it can be a good thing and sometimes it can be a bad thing.

It sucks to be in the "friend" shoes. I've been in both actually. (Guys can be like that to girls too.) I hope everything works out! It might take a while for your friend to decide what he wants though and thats the shitty part.

18. Jimeigh

Jimeigh Every rook and jay in the corvidae have been raven

if your friend wont change, then he wont change. accept it. find better friends.

19. prolifics

prolifics New Member

He asks his girlfriend if he can go out and she says no? Why would she say that? And more importantly, why is he asking for permission? :rofl:

20. JohnBuuu

JohnBuuu New Member

I have had a few few friends go through this. As mentioned, the "long talk" doesn't make a shits worth of difference. The ONLY thing I have found that actually works to some degree is to get other friends and yourself to lightheartedly, yet incessantly, make fun of him. It just seems to speed up the whole mental process of figuring out how they are acting and that they don't want to be like that. Its so dumb it actually works.
    Beyond that, most can't be reasoned with.

21. ww_Crimson

ww_Crimson New Member

QFT

"Best friend" is with a girl and he won't hang out with me if she isn't able to come along. I always invite her but her parents never let her go out and he refuses to do anything without her. He's passed up a snowboard trip, a BBQ, and like 3 baseball games because of her. His work schedule has changed which makes it difficult to see him anyway but I feel like he will never do anything without her. He wants to marry her. Every time I hang out with him at his house when she's not around she calls or texts him non-stop. One time she even got mad because he wouldn't talk to her on the phone because we were kickin' it.

22. CaiWooBlue

CaiWooBlue New Member

I dont even do that to my husband. I would never tell him he couldnt go and do something, unless it was going to interrupt plans we had made for our son. And even those can change as I know my husband doesnt get nearly enough guy time as he needs.

The thought of anyone doing this to someone that they care about makes me sick. The fact that someone LETS themselves be treated like this, I think its low self esteem and a personality flaw.

Definitely needs balls, but he may need a few women and a few lost friends to kick him in the pussy to make him grow them.

I dont have any advice. I dont think there is anything that will change him, except time.

23. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

theres nothing to do. you just have to let him learn for himself. he is too blinded by her vagina to think logically and talking to him will obviously just piss him off and actually cause an even bigger wedge to form between you two, and a stronger bond with her probably.

we've all had mistake relationships that we had to learn from, this is just hopefully not something all your guy friends repeat over and over again

24. XaPU!M

XaPU!M Active Member

I do know that it isn't my place to say anything. It just sucks to lose longtime friends to a succubus. My one friend in particular is about to purchase a house with the succubus and is 2 months out from the Government automatically seeing them as common-law at which point he's fucked no matter what if they split (Especially since he owns everything in their house). I don't know one person that actually likes her, but none of us say anything to him out of respect for him. But if I could figure out a way to break them up I would in an instant.

25. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

^^ i have a friend like that too. he married the psycho bitch and he is miserable but refuses to leave her. he is not allowed to see my brother (who was his best friend since 5th grade until college) because she assumes he is a bad influence. so now they sneak around behind her back. my brother sneaks out back doors when she comes home, etc.

it does suck to lose friends to things like that though :(