My Formula

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by WS6Formula350, Aug 16, 2001.

1. WS6Formula350

WS6Formula350 molestache amririte?

FryingPan and I snapped some pics with his digital camera and I had to show them to somebody, so, here's my car :big grin:

2. WS6Formula350

Just realized it might be a little big... oh well. If it takes too long to load, you need broadband :)

3. VBGOD

VBGOD Guest

:)

4. Short Bus

Short Bus Beep beep!

I love that style Formula. :bigthumb:

If it were mine, it would get a 350 swap, and I'd drop it a bit. More power and I hate the wheel gap those cars have stock.

I like that front end better than the one they went to in what, was it '91 or '90? Well, whenever they made the change.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

I mis mine soo bad

I once had a 1987 Firebird Formula 350, it was my first car. I worked my ass off for 1.5 yrs and bought it w/ 43k off my dads friend for $4500. I love that frickin car, I had to sell it tho b/c I was getting into a lot of trouble w/ it. I never got to do anything to it tho. I did a homemade CAI w/ airfoil, aftermarket rims and a nice system thats it. Here she is....[​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

Here's another

Let me know if you ever need any help w/ anything on it. I am pretty familiar w/ 3rdgen f-bods now. Mostly L98's tho. I know a little about the 305's tho.[​IMG]

7. SigmaNuClay

SigmaNuClay I'll show you my nunchuk...

i like those 3rd gens. they're great. now just do an ls1 swap and your the ultimate sleeper;) nice car

8. Diablow

Diablow Guest

Yea those smoked me too :sad2:
    nice car man....you go knight rider ;) :bigthumb:

9. WS6Formula350

Thanks for all the compliments! I took this right after we got the aero-wing replaced on it. You guys probably know about it, but the factory wing was rubber and warped quite horribly in heat, sun, and any time you looked at it funny. I found a fiberglass repro from a place called GTAuto over in Ft. Lauderdale. Great quality and it looks 100 times better than it did before. The side on the rubber one blew out where the mounting screws had rusted and expanded, so there was giant black gash/hole in the side that made it real ugly. That, and the paint was cracked and coming off, etc.

About the 350 :big grin: I'd love to have an L98 in my beast but I don't have any money right now since the spoiler was replaced, the exhaust & headers went in, and Goodyear just finished rebuilding my front suspension. Lower brushings, ball joints and struts were needed. Feels a lot more stable now. The 350 is tempting, but while I'm still in high shcool my dad will never let me do an engine swap too it. Next summer I think i'm going to port the TPI setup, port match the heads to the base and then cam it. And if there is enough fundage coming in World Products has a set of awesome heads for the 305. I read an article about them in Super Chevy (I think) where they took a stock 305 with a stock TPI setup. All they did was change out the heads, slide in a mild cam and picked up 51hp and 62lb ft.! Really flattned out the power curve of the engine. I think that coupled with the exhaust would be a nice gain... I'm still learning about cars though but the local Goodyear has a really good guy that does all the work on my car who's helping me out with it. Aside from the engine mods I'd like to weld in a set of SFC's to tighten up the chasis a little more.

I think the only reason I'd like to keep the 305 is to see how bitchin' I can make it ;) I guess it's like working a four-cylinder. Pick the right parts and see how far you get. If I ever get money when I get out of college I'm gonna put a blower on it... There's a supercharged '87 IROC on ThirdGen.org that runs 12's with a SC'd 305. Guy named Willie from Australia, I think. Anyways I'm done rambling...

Btw, nice Formula 350 there. Black looks awesome on one of our cars :bigthumb: