my first time buying a bike, am i getting a good deal?

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Car54, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Car54

Car54 Member

i never dealt with dealers before, all my vehicles have been purchased from friends super cheap.

i wanna ride now and i was looking at a 2003 RC51, brand new that the salesman said is leftover from last year. it was knocked over in the showroom and dented the tank. they want 10399 for it just to get rid of it. he said it runs fine, super smooth and will teach me how to use it before I leave. he said v twins are easier to ride, lots of torque.

is this a good deal? should I buy it tomorrow? Thanks!

2. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

:wtf: are you kidding?

3. oakie

oakie my ninja.

bad deal, bad first bike.

4. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

bad choice. get a busa

5. Car54

Car54 Member

whats funny is all you dumbasses diidnt even know you were getting baited. nowhere did I say it was my first bike, just my first new bike. nowhere did I say I didnt know how to ride, although I implied I knew nothing about vtwins. ;)

why do you come down so hard on newbs? I learned to ride on an 1100cc sportbike over 5 years ago and havent been involved in a serious accident yet (dropped my bike once on some sand in the keys... minor scrape to my knee) currently own a 96 ZX-6R after putting 36,000 miles on a 90 ZX-11, several dirtbikes, etc.

you all assume way too much..

thanks for feeding the troll :big grin:

6. 2jz

2jz New Member

you learned to ride on a 1100cc sportbike and you're proud? making a statement like that is just asking to be flamed. saving a lil over 1000 on a new bike thats been dropped is a shit price. to buy a tank alone from the dealer is probably 500. basically you're saving 500 for an '03 model. the dealers around the midwest are dropping about 1000-1300 off msrp on a brand new rc51, so i don't think that's a good deal at all. i would shop around. a new

7. NoXeN

NoXeN You can find me up on one

well gee maybe we dont like to see someone new increase the risks of hurting themself?

8. fyp619

fyp619 New Member

you should still get a busa

9. cactusman

cactusman ever prickly, always stickly.

THAT implies noob. The dealer is going to 'teach' you how to 'use' it before you 'leave' I saw that with my eyes, but translated with my mind to "and will 'show' me how to 'operate the controls' before I 'die on the way home' "

Don't bitch about people looking out for idiots. Granted, idiots don't listen when told they are idiots.. but it's still nice that people make the effort. So you're not buying your first bike.. that post looks like you were.

10. s_ride

s_ride Guest

:werd:

i got the same impression of you being noob. If you arne't noob and have been riding for a while, you must be living under a rock to not know anything about new bike price, or at least not know hot to go to some rc51 forums to ask around. Still a noob to me.

11. ryguy461

ryguy461 New Member

fuck that.. just geta ducatti as your first bike.. that will be 100% sure " DEATH".. im just playing.. thats mean to say.. but for your first bike you should get something smaller.. but if you are experiance.. then go ahead and do it..

12. Jujharoo

Jujharoo New Member

whoa whoa back up son, RC51 as your first bike? you will kill your self. stay around 600s

13. 2K-2.5RS

2K-2.5RS No caffeine - No function

This implies you have never been on a bike before. Ok you may swim along squid.