TAT My first tattoo :noes:

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Aspirin, Mar 11, 2008.

1. Aspirin

Aspirin OT Supporter

I have wanted a tattoo for a long time, but never had any idea what to get. I am in Denmark now, on my first trip ever out of the US.

I want to get a tattoo to commemorate this trip, but I had no clue what to get until earlier today.

At the HC andersen museum, I came across this verse:

Like wind, all things refuse to stay
    No lasting place is here
    All rosy cheeks will fade away
    Each smile and - every tear

Why then be full of sorrow
    Distress and harm don’t last
    Like leaves, they’re gone tomorrow
    Time and man are soon past

I am thinking of getting 4 lines on the top of each foot. I like that this is very danish, being that HC ANdersen was from DK. The verse also appealed to me because i see it as very positive.
    I want to get it on my feet because i like knowing that if im sad and hanging my head, i can look down and see this awesome positive message.

Cliffs: i want to get the bolded verse tattooed on the top of my feet, but I has questions:

Were doing a ton of walking here, should I wait until the last day to get this done?

How should I arrange it? Spread over the whole foot? 4 lines bunched right below the toes?

I also have no clue what font to get this in.

Any other suggestions/comments?

2. Flac0

Flac0 Custom User Title

Best bet is talk to the artist about how its gonna be done. I might be a lot for your foot, depending on the size of your foot.

When I got my foot tattoo'd, I personally didn't want to walk very much. :)
    But that was just me. For me it was a little sore. Also, if you can, for a the first couple of days, wear flipflops. I have friends who got their foot tattooed and had to wear socks, they would kinda stick to the tattoo.

Good luck!

3. meshuggahn

meshuggahn New Member

I like the verses a lot.

Im thinking they might need to take up your whole foot, but I guess that depends on the font used and how big your feet are.

4. The Fugue

The Fugue New Member

Check BME font tattoos for about 100000000 different fonts that people have used.

5. Aspirin

Aspirin OT Supporter

Ok. I has some concerns before i pull the trigger tomorrow.

1. I am with a large group and have only had the chance to check out 2 places. It seems like they both want ~$500 to do this(shit is really expensive in dk.) How much would I pay in the states?

2. Is text a pretty simple thing to do? Should I feel too bad about not really knowing the artist?