A&P My first sporting event with new 30d + 70-200

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by LowLikeWhoaF150, May 6, 2006.

1. I went with that girl Lyndz that I shot the other night to her girls lacrosse game. She's one of the coaches so she wasn't actually playing but the game was at my old high school so It was interesting running into alot of old friends fromt he past and parents of friends and such. I got alot of comments about my camera stuff, and I really hate when people ask me how much it costed.... :ugh: I just wanna say.. none of your business, how much did your house cost?!?!!!!! :squint:

But yea it was pretty cool, the lens is awesome. I was chillen in this one spot about 8 feet from the line of the field and I'm turned facing the far end of the field... Then the ball comes back up towards my end of the field and I'm following the action then all of a sudden all I see is WHITE!!!!!! I'm like :wtf: and I take the camera away from my eye and there's this guy probably in his 40's kneeling down infront of me with a D200 and a D100 with a huge lens on each of them.... I'm like :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4: :eek4:

Because it was obviously clear that I was there first and he was just being a dick parking himself right in my way so I ouldnt get any shots. I let it slide for about 5 minutes then I got fed up. So I finally stood up and stood almost directly over top of him and was clicking away taking my shots. I hope he was pissed. Eventually he got up and moved to the other end of the field... What a douche.. :rolleyes:

2. my bad I forgot to upload the pics... :hs: doing it now, pics will be up soon ;)

3. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

4. you guys r gonna love ;this shit :coold:

5. CRC

CRC New Member

upload, then post?

6. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

404 gay photos of hot girls not found

7. Edited the color using the viper technique :naughty: :bigthumb:

[​IMG]

8. these upskirt one's for my nigga Tomash :mamoru:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomash approved :wackit:

9. Unedited (the second tomash approved pic was unedited also)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cropped alittle bit

[​IMG]

10. Go team go!

yea the lost :mamoru:

[​IMG]

11. I was going to take a pic of my dresser and add picture frames around these pics but I am too lazy so here it is... :hs:

[​IMG]

edit: aw what the gay, that drop shadow looks like ass... Dam gif file format :hs:

12. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

they look silly running around with a ball-cup on a stick.

13. this is more like what I was goign for

[​IMG]

14. original of the one I chopped up is good but there are too many distractions :o

[​IMG]

15. thread needs attention. :hs:

Please leave comments / critiques :x: :bowdown:

16. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

17. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

i think the photos look good. im definitely looking into getting a 70-200 f/2.8

18. :) Thanks for the comment

19. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

do you find the 5fps suitable for sports shoots? I've got a 20d and a 5d that i like for still life and people but my nephew is starting little league this summer and i'm thinking i need something that can shoot faster like the 1d to get good action shots

20. Yes this camera with the 70-200 is very good for sports photography in my opinion. With an 1.4 or 2.0 teleconverter for a longer zoom for the win. (on my list of things to get). Your 20d shouldnt have problems at all with sports photography. As for the 5 frames per second, I've never actually used the burst mode, these shots were all taken in shutter priority mode by simply clicking the button, if you have a fast memory card you can take shot after shot after shot without having to wait. If I accidentally press my shutter too hard, alot of the times it'll take 2 or 3 pics. :o

IMO higher shutter speeds = good especially with sports photography. Alot of guys like to keep the shutter speeds alittle low to show that the subject is in action but I like to freeze the action. Some peopel may argue by saying that it makes it look like the person is not in motion. I think that is hard to believe when a person's leg muscles are all fllaired out and they have a struggling emotion on their face.

But since the 20d is similar to what I have you should be fine, If you're having issues with speed I would suggest getting a faster memory card. Sandisk Extreme III is the preferred choice. www.bhphoto.com has 2 gig for $109 I believe.

21. HoodRich

HoodRich Professional Street Nigga OT Supporter

thats the card i use but i'm still limited to the 5fps, but since you dont shoot in burst probably need to ask someone else about it...no offense to you of course, we just shoot differently is all.

22. none taken, Oh yeah I think the limit on our cameras is 5fps. :hs: Viper and BadRotation on here have 1 series canon's if you want to pm them cuz they probably won't come in here :hs:

23. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

5 fps is quite fast...plenty fast for action shots.

24. someone had an example of a baseball shot using burst mode. I don't remember who it was. they should com in here and post the pics though. Only I think whoever it was had 7fps.

25. Tomash

Tomash Active Member

For some dumb reason, Nikon users often seem to act like dick towards Canon people.