SRS My First Post here, need some advice

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Hey Fella, Oct 18, 2005.

1. Hey Fella

Hey Fella New Member

OK I have never been to a psychiatrist and really cannot afford it at the moment. I am just looking for other people in the same situation as me, if there are any.

I know I am not right in the head but I am at the point in my life where I am ready to fix it. I really have no friends at all, if I wanted to hang out with someone this weekend I couldn't. I have a really hard time when I am around people in a public place. I feel very uncomfortable and feel as if I know nothing to say and also somewhat unwanted there, also feels as if I am a very boring person. I have made attempts to go out in the past and stuff but I get very nervous and have the symptoms I stated above.

I do feel depressed most of the time and I have tried to work on that myself but it doesn't work. I thought I could because I think I know myself pretty good. I think my main issue is the way I feel around my peers. I am very self conscious but only have a few flaws with my looks. No more than the semi average person I think. I was just looking some some direction here from people that have been through what I go through every single day. Any help would be great, ask questions if need be.

2. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

Yes you are worrying about things nobody worries about when they think about you.

Walk thru the city all the people pass by you. Do you think any unusual about them? You probably don't think any negative things or bad comments about 99% of the people that pass you by. *discovery* they also don't do this about you, they go by and go their own way.

Choises create realities, you choose to be with people or not.

The anxiety is caused because people usually only pour darkness and negativity into your life, the main question is , will this make you stop from living? Life is too short to worry , stop forcing yourself into the presence of people. All those people go out for fun , if you go out you shouldn't do it because other people force you to be social or you yourself, you go out when you feel like. I didn't feel comfortable about people, but although some nasty comments are there, most people aren't out to 'get you' , just go out to have fun.

3. kitty

kitty Uppity ass cat OT Supporter

First question, how hard are you willing to work?

There are several things you can do, but they take effort. Simplest action to start off with...take a walk around the block everyday...the brain needs oxygen.

Look at your diet...there are several foods that increase anxiety and decrease anxiety. Bananas have potassium which helps fight depression. Do a web search for more info. Also, check out adding vitamins, the B's are good.

Join a support group, they are generally only a dollar a meeting and will help you meet people. Look on line for support groups in your area. (p.s. not fight club:hsugh: ).

Go to a few thift stores and look for books that deal with what you are going through. Also You also might ask if can volunteer. Doing for others has helped me, even if it's just passing out food to the homeless. In addition you will slowly being to meet more people.

There are also questions to ask yourself to identify where the fear is coming from and dealing with it, but I feel that is best done with a doctor...and depending on level of depression with meds. If you choice that route, in addition to the above statements.....look in the phone book and on-line for clinics that provide free/low cost treatment. There are also programs that provide free meds.

Hope some of this helps:hs:

4. dave steel

dave steel My Kung Fu is the best.