MMA My First NAGA Experience

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by .Tim, Dec 7, 2008.

1. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Motorola Q: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Didn't go so well. I read that it takes for fucking ever but holy fuck that was an understatement. My no-gi match didn't start until fucking 4:00pm! It was some time after 7:00pm when I had my gi match. I was in the lightweight division, no-gi novice and gi white belt. Went 0-2. No-gi was a quick ass guillotine that my dumbass pretty much let him have. I'm not too happy with myself on that one. My gi match went better, I think I went close to 3 minutes and fought off the armbar pretty well for a while but had problems passing the guard so eventually he got me. I might have tapped too early but 4 people got their arms fucked up on my ring alone so I didn't want to test my luck. I'll post the embarassing videos in a few hours when I get home. :(

2. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

tournaments are hard but you learn each time.

white belt is the best. very little pride on the line. if you lost, its okay youre white belt. if you win, who cares you won white belt division! hahahah

3. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (Motorola Q: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Haha yeah it wasn't that I lost, it was that I wish I was more competitive. I felt like could have done a lot better but it was my first ever tournament and with all the injuries that happened on my ring throughout the day I'm happy that the worst thing that happened was a loss. I could have left on a stretcher like the other guys.

4. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

i read my first NGA experience

5. ZZex

ZZex New Member

shit happens. I'm a bit surprised so many people got hurt in just your ring. But at least you did it. Now you know that you need to work on passing the guard.

6. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Yeah 2 or 3 of them was by one kid. He's like 10 or so, he's actually from my school he dominated the fuck out of every kid with an armbar. And 2 or 3 of them ended up with a medic coming out. Then the next injury I forget but the biggest was I believe a guy was going for a kimura while he was on a guys back and the guy was basically face down but sort of on his side and fighting it. The dude cranked the shit out of it and the elbow snapped and his arm went all the way over onto the mat. It was nasty. They eventually took him off on a stretcher with an iv hooked to him. The only "injury" I saw on another mat was a bloody nose. :ugh:

7. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

dude your first tournament always sucks

8. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

or if you're me your every tournament always sucks :rofl:

9. .Tim

.Tim New Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I hope to not follow that path! :x:

10. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

tournaments for me always suck. just get too nervous. its a wonder i ever win.. seriously

11. .Tim

.Tim New Member

I'm amazed at how relaxed and not nervous I was the whole day. Even with it taking forever to start and all that shit.

12. .Tim

.Tim New Member

First video:

[y]BJuLNSGn-HQ[/y]

Second video with bonus unintentional Hillary cameo! :mamoru:

[y]sQ1_kkApc7Q[/y]

:hs:

13. kroneX

kroneX New Member

I got flying armbarred in my first tournament.

Everyone sucks in their first tournament so don't worry about it. You probably feel as if you could have done better, but at least now you know what to work on!

BTW good job tapping out and not getting you arm broke. Never let your pride get to you like that, its better to tap and to fight another day, than it is to have your ass dragged to a hospital.

14. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Yeah it was in good but not great. Normally I might have waited a few seconds to see if there was something I could do but like I said earlier with all the injuries on that mat I wasn't dumb enough to risk it just to win a fucking white belt match.

15. kroneX

kroneX New Member

Ill give ya some pointers on your second video, as i only fight gi.

Firstly you did well to defend the numerous armbar attempts, good job, but from a failed armbar there is always a chance to attack, they are very vulerable when they abort their armbar. Like the first armbar attempt he made try using this pass http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=zxCaVDUuV24

Also when you try and stand up and pass, try and push your foward onto his hips and keep your back posture straight, so you are essentially leaning on him with your hips like this video, however make sure you push your hips onto their hips when you do it, i find that works better. http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=RiXaqV_zAuE

16. Hillary

Hillary fukc yaeh. ew waitled long enough. nujgses of hill

AH! That match I was reffing ended up being nuts! The guys were trading judo grips/set ups until the white-ish guy ended up in some freak grip break accident getting his index finger cut down to the bone and it was bleeding everywhere. So badass, you could see everything.

I had to do TOO fucking much translating today. Tell Brazilians to learn.

17. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Damn that sounds crazy! How do you even cut a finger like that? :eek3:

18. .Tim

.Tim New Member

:bigthumb:

My school is putting on a tournament in March. I'm hoping to do better then. I'm going to work my ass off to give myself the best chance. In January I plan to start actually training no-gi. Only been doing gi up until now anyway. I only did the no-gi match because I figured fuck it, I'm going to be there anyway.

19. .Tim

.Tim New Member

The Triumph United shorts don't show up too well in the first video. Great shorts though, very comfortable and fit perfectly. Well worth it. /Commercial off.

20. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

well said

21. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

i thik thats why eddy bravo gets high before he rolls

22. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

My first tournament was me in the novice (no wrestlers) division and having the guy shoot a perfect single and lay on top of me in half guard for 4 minutes not trying to advance position

23. teep

teep New Member

my first tournament i forgot to bring a cup. second guy i went up against i had him mounted and i went for a really fast really sloppy armbar. pulled his arm straight into my nuts so hard I let go. Lucky for me the kid screamed at the same time and the ref stopped it and I got my hand raised. woo. lol.

24. .Tim

.Tim New Member

Ahhh! That would have really pissed me off.

25. SCirone

SCirone Moderator

I even positioned my arm perfectly for him to go for an arm triangle so i could sweep him over, but he didn't go for it at all. He did go for a half ass chicken wing though