MMA My first MT fight.

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Sirc, Jul 25, 2006.

1. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

I study Tae Kwon Do and dabbled in a negligent amount of Muay Thai in the years that I have been training. Here is my first Muay Thai fight.

My first fight.

I'm the one wearing the Gi for comedy value. Thanks ahead of time.

[flamesuit]

:big grin:

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

-Hands are too low.
    -You keep switching from orthodox to south paw, stop that.
    -Too much tkd, not enough Muay Thai. I don't think I saw you throw one low kick the whole time.
    -Stop the Kenpo/TKD (w/e it is) stance with one hand lowered, you're just going to get KO if you keep doing that.
    -Quit TKD, join Muay Thai full time instead.
    -Run more.
    -Condition your body for the body kicks cause it was pretty apparent that you were hurting from them.
    -Get a real boxing headgear.

You were basically a TKD guy in a Muay Thai match.

I'm sure people can add a lot more to this (vulgar? :big grin:)

3. TCSFunk

TCSFunk OT Supporter

Are you doing TKD of Muay Thai?

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

Yup.

He caught you with some good leg kicks.

Was there any knees allowed in the clinch? Obviously it looked like there were no elbows allowed.

Was it an amatuer fight at some sort of an event? Or just a sparring session at your gym? Kind of hard to tell.

5. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

6. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

It was an amateur event. They had changed the rules last minute due to parental bitching. There were some little tykes there so they decided to remove knees and elbows.

Usually I don't use a side-stance, but I always revert back to it when I get nervous and stuff. It's kind of a hard habit to kill. :(

I plan on going to another one maybe in september, I have a trip to argetina, and I also want to get some training in with a great professional fighter in San Luis Obpisbo before I go again. This was in June, and I've trained more since then. I haven't had a fight in about 2-3 years at the making of this vid. And the fights I did have were complete tomato cans. I've been working a lot of throws and having a more solid stance and not reverting back to the side-stance and I've been working a lot of boxing-only. I've got a better strategy for next time and it goes something like this:

[​IMG]

7. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

That is so sexy. That person needs to marry me please.

8. xinster

xinster New Member

im in the middle of watching this right now but i had to stop to repeat your hands are way too fuckin low. It's like your taunting him like Ali used to.

9. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

glad to hear you're working boxing cuz your handwork in that vid is atrocious (thought i'll say it improves some by rd. 3). you have the one-hit-wonder tkd thing goin on too. throw more combos. try setting up your kicks some. get your hands up... if you're gonna duck your head cover up more. good effort tho man.

10. xinster

xinster New Member

see thsi is what i dont get. I'm assuming you have at least several years TKD experience.

Yesterday was my very first sparring match against a brown (MT armband) The guy was taller than me, but he had just sparred and dominated a guy better than me for 5 minutes, and obviously he was still taking it easy on me. Needless to say, i still got my ass whomped and one of my legs is totally fucked up right now. But the muay thai guy your fighting is like, just as shitty as me, maybe a little more or less shittier.

you tag him with a few good side kicks in the midsection in the beginning. For the most part though, MT boy is pulling off wild shit. I ahve no idea why hes trying out TKD kicks spinning and the whatnot. He's obviously kicking from bad distances which is why he got punished by you. His punching is just ridiculous brawling.

Ok, i just saw the first clinch. I was about to lmao but then someone said no knees so its liek whatever, the guy didn't really have many options. You whooped this guy's ass but i mean he hardly even attempted to check alot of your kicks. He checked a few in the beginning but thats it. Maybe he suffers from a few different problems than you do, but i'd say the severity level of his problems are just as bad.

also, wat was up with your stance? were you getting crushed by his kicks? You just gotta learn to flex your abs when you get kicked thats all. Also, you gotta check more of his kicks. Thank god he felt for some reason leg kicking you wasn't worth the effort, i mean you didn't check any of em. You hit him with a few counter side kicks, but do they like not teach kick checking in TKD or something? that shit must of hurt.

if you ever decide to take MT, dont take it at whereever this guy is taking it. Your muay thai clinch was better than his rofl.

lmao just saw the part where hes trying to hit you from like 2 meters away and you kick him in the gut.

11. The Sirc

The Sirc Guest

The gym he trains at is very boxing heavy. I didn't catch his first leg kick and it sucked anyway, I figured he wouldn't be much of a kicker and I was right. I was mostly just nervous because it was my first fight and it was at his gym.

This wasn't going to be as bad as I thought though. Thanks guys.

12. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

lol, flyingnuns telling you to work on your basic 1-2 combo, although the chick is :naughty::naughty::naughty:.

13. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Ok, who is the girl on the punching bag? :naughty:

14. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

15. Sammo

Sammo New Member