TAT My first mod...

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by white lightnin, Oct 6, 2004.

1. white lightnin

white lightnin New Member

Well, I have been contemplating getting a frenum for some time now. Not sure what gave me the idea, but its been running through my head for the last few months. Today I went through with it.

I went to the Piercing Experience in Atlanta, and I was very impressed with the shop. The owner Brian did my piercing and he was a real pro. He answered all my questions and made the process quick and painless(Maybe a 3 on a 1-10 scale). I wasn't even as nervous as I thought I would be.

Due to the fact that I'm not cricumsized I had to go with a fairly small bar and a slightly more shallow piercing than normal. He said I would have to play a bit nicer with it than otherwise. Can't wait to try it out.

On another note:

My girlfriend went with me for support, and she recently got her nose pierced at another place in town. Brian took one look at it, and then he launched into an explanation of the dangers of getting pierced at a majority of places in the US. Her piercing was done with a stainless steel hook piece. I was unaware of the differences between titanium and stainless steel, as well as the thoroughness of the sterilization process. I was also given a different healing regimen than many other places. No soaks, no washing, just applied heat to increase bloodflow.

Luckily I went to his shop to get mine done. After talking with Brian at length I was sure that I had made the right decision. Now it just needs to heal so I can take it for a ride.:naughty:

2. ronin11

ronin11 New Member

well done dude. good luck with the healing.. heat is not something i have heard of before.. but of course im no pro or even experienced in the piercing area.. be interesting to see how it goes.

3. white lightnin

Well, I had always heard the routine of soaks and washing. I have been told to keep my hands off it. Only touching with a sterile gauze pad. Clean with distilled water when needed.

I bought a reusable heat pack that I have been using 5+ times a day. I think I am going to grab a heating pad to use all night too.

I was very impressed with the Piercing Experience and its owner Brian. He gave us a great explanation on why he uses and recomends his methods. He said that with his methods healing could be reduced by two months depending on the individual.

4. upparoom

upparoom Well-Known Member

agreed. even with stainless steel, they take great pains to make sure everthing is sterilized.

I havent heard of the heat thing, but if it works, it works. :)

I to am not circumsized, it's led to the frenum migrating off center a tiny bit, so it's not truly straight, but it's all good.

congrats man, I hope your girl enjoys it.

5. white lightnin

Let me clarify a few things regarding what I was told by my piercer regarding his methods.

Stainless vs. Titanium

Using titanium has nothing to do with the steriliztion, it has to do with compatibility. Stainless steel contains metals which are poisonous to the body. As you sweat the steel repeatedly releases these metals into your body. This kills your tissue and never allows the piercing to fully heal. This can cause increased scar tissue and allergies. The steel that is in most jewelry is also used in a hospital setting, but only for temporary implants such as staples etc. Apparently in Europe the use of steel as piercing jewelry is illegal.

Sterilization

I don't have anything to compare it against, but the sterilization procedure I saw was impressive. I vaccuum steam autoclave was used. A mask was used. As were actual sterile gloves. Those gloves that you pull out of a box aren't sterile. Everything used in the process is thrown out. Nothing is reused. I won't continue b/c I am afraid I will make a mistake, but you can read up on their techniques at http://piercing.org/pexy/technique/technique.html.

My girlfriend accompanied me when I had mine done. She had recently received a nose piercing at another place and Brian looked it over for her. She had a stainless hook with a small gem. He explained the problems with stainless and the fact that her piercing probably wasn't sterile. The tube used in her piercing had probably been used on countless others. He recomended a replacement of the steel hook with a small reverseable bar.

Once she had the cash for the jewelry she went back in. Much to her dismay a pocket infection was growing in her nose. Brian drained it for her and placed in the new jewelry.

I'm not trying to advertise or anything, but if I chose to have anything else done it will be by Brian and the Piercing Experience. His knowledge was amazing and his passion for his work was quite apparent. He obviously puts the welfare of his patients above his own profit.

6. white lightnin

Question on bar sizing...

So im not circumsized and the bar sits inside my skin usually. It sits crooked, and one side is basically healed up while the other is red. The side that is red gets pressure put on it due to the way the piercing sits.

Also, if I move the skin back it tends to pull the ball on that side up and put stress on me which hurts. There is basically 1/8 of an inch +/- on each side now that the swelling is lessening. Is that enough so that I am putting undue stress on the piercing due to movement?

7. upparoom

upparoom Well-Known Member

i got the same problem bro. if I stay hard long enough, the right side starts to rub the bottom of the head kinda raw.

not much you can do though. maybe try a different lenght barbell. :dunno:

8. white lightnin

I'm just worried about healing. One side looks great. Other has still not gone down in swelling. I'm just being very easy with it.

9. white lightnin

Damn it! I was bad. Had sex after 9 days and he is a bit sore. You know how the little guy has a mind of his own. Girlfriend wasn't helping the matter. I am going to try and be good til im done healing, but its a challenge.

Think I did any damage? Risk of migration, rejection etc?

10. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

bad move

11. white lightnin

Well that lasted about four and a half months. I tried a shorter bar, and the skin holding the piercing just kept shrinking so that it would move around and piss me off.

Then tried removing it before sex, and that also hurt.

So as of this morning it is gone. :sadwavey: I am a bit upset, as I went through a lot of discomfort, not to mention I liked the thing.

Will probably get a PA when my girl is on foreign exchange, so I can be sure to let it heal well, but first I want to get my nips done. Need to lose about 10 pounds though.

Thanks to everyone for all the advice.