My first mac in almost 20 years

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Coottie, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Coottie

Coottie BOOMER......SOONER OT Supporter

In the late 80s and early 90s, I was really into macs....even sold them for about 6 months. Since then, I've been spending all my time in the Wintel world. Well after watching the WWDC Keynote Address I was really excited about the new macs so I ran out and bought one.

Got a 15" MBP, 2.8Ghz with 4gb Ram and 500gb HD and I'm posting this from my new mac.

I'm really impressed with it so far but haven't spent much time with it.

The essential software thread looks really old and there's no rankings or frequency counts or even descriptions of those software packages. So I'm not sure how relevant some of those suggestions even are.

Already downloaded xcode and I'm going to start learning to code for the iphone. Any other IDEs that I should look into?

I also picked up FinalCut Express 4 and Aperture 2 for video and photo editing....something I'll be doing with friends.

I'm interested in music apps but I'm not really sure what I want to do with them as I don't currently play any instruments but I have in the past.

So any suggestions?

2. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

Very nice laptop. I want to sell my 2.4 mbp to get one

3. RandomGuy187

RandomGuy187 OT Supporter

I got the same MBP on Sat and I've been loving mine. This is my first Mac and overall I'm really impressed. I put XP on using Bootcamp, but since then I have not booted into XP once.