WEB My first e-commerce site

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shagvenger, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Shagvenger

Shagvenger All the best go four abreast...

http://ringersgloves.com/

This was kind of a slow-going project that I started on much earlier in the year. Finally launched it at the beginning of last month. The background on it is that my sister is the PR/marketing director for Ringers Gloves and she'd been having some difficulties getting the company that was previously doing the website to get any updates done, including getting the SSL certificate renewed. So for most of this year, the online store was inoperable (some browsers would let you order despite the SSL being expired, but most wouldn't). She asked me if I could do it, and while I didn't have any experience doing e-commerce stuff, I figured I'd learn along the way. The biggest roadblock was actually getting updated product information from the people in Ringers' main office in California.

I used SquirrelCart for the shopping cart - it was fairly inexpensive to buy a single site license and had the features I needed to be able to make static product pages. It probably would've saved a TON of time if I could have just let the cart software generate all the pages, but with the way the big boss wanted the products displayed, I had to do each page manually.

The site did just over $2000 worth of sales in the first month. I'm working with my sister on ways to get more traffic to the site - we're going to start running ads on Google AdWords and I'm going to start scoping out some forums/communities geared towards the professions the gloves are targeted to and look at buying ad space. I get a pretty decent chunk of commission based on the site's sales, so I have a good motivator to help bring more sales to the site. ;)

2. JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo

JoeyJoJoJuniorShabadoo Live Free or Die

very nice looking site man!

3. GamerAsh

GamerAsh SKATE crew

That's a fucking good looking site mate. Well done.