A&P My first attempt at photography...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by infinitex, Nov 3, 2003.

1. infinitex

infinitex Guest

I decided I want to start to get into photography a bit and I recently purchases a Canon g3. I went hiking over the hill from my college campus last week..I took about 10 pictures, this is the only one that I thought came out alright. It's a boring picture, yes...but let me know what you think! :)

[​IMG]

2. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

you need to use a tripod for those low shutter speeds :p

3. infinitex

infinitex Guest

I know, I can't afford one right this second. But even at that, I didn't think the picture turned out *horrible*. At least not for it being my first attempt. Any other opinions/comments/suggestions will be gladly accepted.

4. MastaCow

MastaCow I love cup.

If I were to nitpick, one thing I'd wish for is the overall tone of the photo to be lighter. It seems relatively dark overall and harder to pick out details in the lower parts. Perhaps because of blur?

5. Valence

Valence Gustav Refugee

You have a good eye , I'll give you that. Tripod from wally world is 20 bucks, get you started. I looked up your camera, maybe open up your aperture manually to improve lighting, will also allow you to use a faster shutter speed.

6. shangrilarcadia

shangrilarcadia A lady

I wouldn't call this picture "boring".I actually think that the natural theme is peaceful and the hazy, muted tones reminiscent of a dream-like state. I like it; I think the zig-zag of the stream continued by the arch of the break in the trees moves your eye through the picture.

I will give you one peice of constructive criticism though: if I were you I would have crouched down or moved back a little so that instead of the white of the skyat the top you would have more river. I find the blown-out light distracting, and one rule of photography is that you want try to avoid exzaggerated light spotsat the edge of the picture because they draw the viewer out of the frame. I would also have panned right a little because the dark trunk of the tree partially included in the frame doesn't fit in with the faded/ almost-antiqued color scheme of the picture.