My first 5K in 5 years

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Ibanez Guy, Mar 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ibanez Guy

Ibanez Guy New Member

5 years ago I used to be an average runner. I was doing it to lose weight, I was still a big dude....265lbs at 6'4 at my lightest...started running at 318lbs. Got a new g/f, quit working out, went back to old habits, and over the next 5 years, I was back at 338.5 on jan 1, 2007. So I've started working out again and today I did my first 5k. It was definatly not all running. I did a run/walk and it turned out to be 2m running and 1.2m walking. I was still damn proud. :cool:

Anyways, thats my update for you guys. BTW, started 338.5 Jan 1 and currently sitting at 291.5lbs. Ideally I'd like to get to 225lbs but not sure hwo long that will take. Will be very satisfied at 240lbs. I bet though when i hit 240lbs, I won't want to stop.

2. Layne Staley

Layne Staley New Member

Congrats. My brother has gone from 333lbs to 230lbs over the past year merely by modifying his portions of food that he eats throughout the day. I've been trying to encourage him to add some weightlifting or cardio to the mix but I can't motivate him :rofl:

His goal is to get down to 195, too bad he won't add exercise or he could be there in no time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.