My fiancee has a little sister..now that shes getting older..

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Altered_Ego, Jul 11, 2005.

1. Altered_Ego

Altered_Ego (+.+)(-.-)(_ _) ..zz

Its beginning to get a little crazy at her house. We both live with our parents and its easier for me to go to her house instead of mine (due to work and distance between the two), but on the side note. Her parents have never had a problem with us going into her room to watch tv, play games, or just hang out and talk to get away from everyone. Now that her sister is older (almost 2 1/2) we are no longer allowed to go in her room (my fiancee) due to the fact that her parents said they do not want her sister to think its ok to have a boy in her room.

It gets me because we were in her room last night. No one was home we just wanted to watch a movie in her room to where once they got home we wouldnt be bothered. Well, her sister had no idea we were even in the house or anything and her dad still got upset because he said it didnt look right and if her sister would have asked where we were they would have had to tell her.

I guess this is my little rant, because if we stay in the living room or anywhere else we get basically 0 time together for just us. This will be a plus once the wedding takes place and we have our own place of our own. Till then it looks like we will be spending more time at my house which sucks just because I hate her having to drive late at night back home and so fourth. Anyone else ever have a problem like this?

2. dscallaway69

dscallaway69 New Member

so if i understand this her sister is 2 1/2. I don't think she is going to ask why you are in there together she isn't going to think anything of it. I know my little ones never asked any questions they could give a damn less. But this is part of living with the folks, their house their rules

3. gibhunter

gibhunter New Member

Ages and an approximate date of wedding would help. What I think is that the little daughter's age is just a convenient excuse. The fact is that it probably irritates the father to see you go into his daughter's room. The older daughter is still his little girl. You're not yet married after all. Being engaged is all nice and dandy, but other than for the ring (you did get her the ring, right?) it isn't much different from dating.

4. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

How old are you?

5. Altered_Ego

Altered_Ego (+.+)(-.-)(_ _) ..zz

Im 23, she is 22. And yes, she has a ring and I paid for it.

Well, its her stepdad to be exact. And as far as the mom, her mom has known me my whole life. My mom and her mom grew up together and my fiancee and myself have known each other since we were like 2 or 3. So its not like I am some stranger. And we were allowed to stay in her room just 2 weeks ago. Hell, her mom use to let me stay till 2 or 3 in the morning and sometimes I would be so tired she would tell me just to go in there and crawl in bed and get some sleep and then leave their house to head to work.

6. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

How about move the he11 out and get your own place? Problem solved!

7. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

wow that's really retarded.

8. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Easier said than done sometimes, bubbo

9. scholar

scholar New Member

my ex had a sister who was 4 years old, she was always walking in on us, her parents didn't care. :o

10. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

Seeing as how they are 22 and 23, I don't think it would be that hard to move out and get a place together. Otherwise, quit b1tching and suck it up. She still lives under her parents' roof, so there's nothing you can do about it.

11. skitcy

skitcy uhm title! ok

imo should be living together alone before marrige, will solve alot of problems later on

12. Improvolone

Improvolone New Member

Perhaps they are saving up, and the money they save from living at home helps. It's also possible that they have a close family...

13. BTA

BTA New Member

This thread sucks.

She's fuckin 2.5 years old, the kid doesnt give a shit about you.

What kind of wackjob parents does she have?

14. gibhunter

gibhunter New Member

Not really. It's too easy to separate then and instead of working on the marriage, you just split up. Had I not been married before we moved in, I'd be single right now, we were on a brink. Now we couldn't be happier. First year together can be really hard when people are getting used to one another. One thing is to know someone, another is to live with them.

IMO, go get married, then move in together. Till then go to your house to watch movies.

15. This is the dumbest Story Ive ever heard......You both live with your Parents and your getting Married but you cant spend any alone time together....but your moving in together after you get married. You need to Smarten up and move in together first, I'll be you you guys will move in together and you wont be able to stand eachother and the Divorce will come within 3 months...guaranteed

16. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd: Its sickening to hear all the teenagers on here bitch about not being able to do shit at thier parents house, but for an adult to do it...

You want to have a family and get married but cant support yourself on your own? Thats pittyful! Seriously, I cant think of a single engaged adult person I know who lives with mommy and daddy. What are you going to do when you get married? Move into the basement?

People can make all the excuses they want. Saving, waiting, to pussy to move out...it doesnt matter. Your relationship itself will completely change when you start having to pay for EVERYTHING. Life completely changes. And your getting married...:ugh: :rofl:

Maybe for a shitty relationship. Me and my girl have lived together a good while now. While we actually to this day have still never had a major argument (I dont see why people say they have fights, and I have spent more time with my girl then any married couple I know) we cant just leave. Thats why 2 names are on the lease anyways. And all this BS about the first year being so hard. It sounds like someone with some insecurity problems with thier relationship, if you would move out the first day without being married. :rofl: But hey, to each thier own...

17. RedVsBlue

RedVsBlue Penguins > *

:werd:

Most divorces happen because people dont really know they other person as well as they think. You will learn more about someone in the first month of living together than you will in years of dating. ALL relationships go through a change when you move in. To think that a ring and piece of paper are going to make it unbearable to leave each other is stupid and naive:ugh: . You have to be in love to move in together and make it work, if you arent in love, marriage means shit anyways.

18. Riconosuave

Riconosuave New Member

How can you even think about getting married when both of you still live with your parents? LOL! I could understand if only one of you lived with the parents.

19. ItchyDog

ItchyDog Guest

Dude, be considerate.

20. Dilbert Pickles

Dilbert Pickles New Member

I am pretty sure it was an excuse...my sister was alwasy allowed to have guys in her room wehn i was like 13 and now i have girls in my room and I am 18...so i think teh stepdad was just bein a jerk off and didnt want you to get a piece

21. Milin

Milin It's Terminal.

a lot of you people who ridicule him for living with his parents have obviously never left the US. ONLY HERE is it so easy for someone to move out of their family home.

Moving out is a lot harder than all of you say it is unless you want to be living paycheck to paycheck and not accumulate savings.

That being said it is MUCH smarter to live together before you get married! (regardless of what the religeous MORONS will tell you)
    If you can get through that you will be able to handle marriage, but don't get married if you don't know what you are getting into. Living together at every moment changes EVERYTHING.

It sounds like her parents are idiots and a little overzealous, but what can you do about it?

my gf is 22 and her parents are NO DIFFERENT. I can't have a single conversation with them without hearing the word God or Jesus in every few sentences. That being said they are the black sheep of the family so it's not too hard to deal with it when even her grandparents are making fun of them.

You just have to suck it up and do whatever you want to do. If they get mad, they get mad but really she is an adult so what can they do?

You are about to be married. If you can't be alone with your fiance what will they say when they come to visit you at your house? That you should not sleep in the same bedroom as your wife because she has a 2 year old sister?
    Ludicrous!

They are just being unrealistic.

but suck it up theres lots of people like that out there.

22. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

:hsugh: I'm religious and I'm not a moron. I also disagree that moving in before marriage is essential. You just have to be willing to make things work. That's all there is to it. Look at people from past generations. They NEVER moved in before marriage and yet most of them stayed married for 25, 30, even 50+ years! Since they didn't live together before they were married, then gee I wonder how they managed??

Maybe it's that they weren't so damned stubborn and were getting married for the right reasons. Perhaps they were more receptive to a lifestyle change and knew going in that they were in it for life. The only reason marriage doesn't mean much these days is because people MAKE it worthless by not trying hard enough to work through things. In the long run the difficulties will make a couple's bond stronger.

23. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Dude why the hell is everybody flaming everyone, its getting to be a problem lately.

Listen I can understand being in his shoes, maybe they are saving up money, maybe they cant afford to get a place, we dont know their relationship maybe they were ready to get married when they 18 and 19 who knows, we cant decide that. Basically he fucking asked advice about how to approach this problem about this kid, not about how his relatiosnhip stacks up to your standards, it would be different if he posted in the offtopic forum, lets try and stay on topic. Dont jump down his throat because he asked a question. I mean latley its as if everyone who thinks they have a better understanding of realtionships or a better relationship then someone else thinks they can come in here and bitch at other people. This guy didnt even ask guys, I am thinkin about getting an apartment with my fiance but I cant. He asked wtf am I gonna do about this kid and spending more time with my girlfriend.

24. sipherx

sipherx Jamesl.info

Holy crap dude, I couldnt have said it any better. Very nice post.

25. AstroGirl

AstroGirl If I don't respond it's because I have severe ADD

Seriously, I don't agree with your saying people should not live together first. I think it is all up to the people.

But your second paragraph about people just basically agreeing to fight for each other. I couldn't agree with you more, VERY well put. If everyone had that view nowadays the divore rate would DROP. It sucks to get divorced. And people see it as an easy way out.

:bigok: