my father just died and im so busy. i feel myself distancing from my gf.

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by illmaticnycsi, Dec 3, 2003.

1. my gf is my last priority. my father died and i need to take care of my mom. he was 59. im 24.
    my gf got mad at me the day after my dads funeral because my ex gf who was clsoe to my father for 3 years came to the funeral and then to my house. i didnt want to hear it andi hung up on her.
    then she got drunk the next night and talked to me shit faced on the phone and i didnt care.
    i am dropping her the next time i see her.

but is this normal. i feel distanced from her after my dad died. nothing else matters in this world other than to be with my family and my clsoes friends and to remember my dad.

2. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

right now you need time to yourself, your family, and your friends. your g/f needs to understand that. i feel that you're slightly overreacting to her but i don't know the whole story. i would say talk it over with her and say that she needs to understand your needs at the moment.

3. Silver Wings

Silver Wings New Member

I'm sorry but thats the bitchiest thing I've read in a while

and my condolences..... losing a parent has to be hard :wtc: :hug:

4. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

sounds like she was being an uncaring, selfish bitch to me. NEXT!

Sorry to hear about your Dad, it's never easy to lose a parent, especially so young. I lost my dad when I was 14, he had just turned 50. Take care! :hug:

5. MikeTheVike1

MikeTheVike1 OT Supporter

Sorry about your dad, my mom died in May, so I somewhat know how you feel. That seems like a real bitchy thing for your g/f to do. After my mom died, my EX-g/f was there for me.

6. Leb_CRX

Leb_CRX OT's resident terrorist

:werd:

7. bitchiest? who?

8. KGB

KGB Guest

Sorry dude. Its all you, Im glad you want to look out for your moms... sometimes people jsut dont care.

9. Snackwellchip

Snackwellchip New Member

I lost my older sister(22 years old) a little over 3 months ago(August 27) .. so i feel your pain in a way. good luck. talk about it with people and be with your family.. don't hide what you're feeling

10. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

couldn't have said it better myself... :)

i couldn't imagine not having either of my parents in my life at such a young age (i'm 21). i'm very independent, and i take care of myself pretty well, but there are many things i have yet to learn. however, i do know how it feels when bad things happen, as my mom had a severe heart attack 11 years ago and almost died. :wtc:

i'm sorry to hear about your loss... :(

11. tfr

tfr New Member

im sorry to hear that man...my condolences go out to you... and about your girl...drop her as fast as you can...if there was ever a time for her to be understanding and supportive...it would be now...so if she isnt, drop her...cause it really is true what they say...it's easy to be around when things are good....but when things are bad, you'll see who really cares about you

12. evolution

evolution New Member

Sorry to hear a bout it, stay strong

13. tootall862

tootall862 Snatch....the best thing on earth

Man Im sorry to hear about your dad. I would say that dumping the girl is the right thing to do if she is being so selish at a time like this. My GF just lost a really good friend of hers to suicide and I was as supportive as I could be, but at the same time I gave her space if she wanted it so your girl is either inconsiderate or just stupid. either way I dont think she would be a good thing to keep in your life. In the end its up to you, and it sounds like you have already made a choice.

-tootall

14. Gilly

Gilly Fruit Loop outta my mind like Godzilla OT Supporter

i think he ment that the guys Girlfriend was being a bitch. His dad just died and she gets on his ass about his Ex showing up.

15. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

Ok bro...you've got two things you need to consider here...one if you love this woman and if you think she's the one you'll spend the rest of your life with then you've gotta put her first...if thats the case then you also need to sit down and talk to her civily about whats going on. My dad died last year, and I got very busy with funeral stuff, clearing out his house, court hearings and stuff like that. BUT I always made time to see my gf even if she came up to follow me around while I did nothing that way we had time to see eachother. You just have to find creative ways to see her. Things will begin to get back to normal in a month or so. I'm sorry about your father dieing, you have my condolences.

16. 6SpeedTA95

6SpeedTA95 OT Supporter

I forgot the second part...if she's so wrapped up in the fact that your ex gf showed up and if she can't be more understanding because its your dads funeral you need to talk to her about it and thats definately something you need to think about. Having your father die is never easy and she's supposed to support you...if she can't suppor tyou in a time like this and stand by you then there may be something you need to thinka bout.

17. chica&buddies

chica&buddies Active Member

ummm... excuse me? :squint: i would never, ever put a boyfriend before my parents. :nono: that is wrong.

you have your advice all backwards, imo... when his dad passed away, a GOOD girlfriend, would have been there comforting and offering her condolences.

basically, the woman isn't a keeper...

18. itsallaboutvegas

itsallaboutvegas New Member

My belated condolences - even if this thread is 2 years old

:hug:

19. [DWI]

[DWI] Master of Nothing

how the hell did you dig up a thread from 2 years ago?

20. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

Why does it matter? Just let it die....

21. chlywly

chlywly Active Member

Sounds to me like she's being inconsiderate/imature... do now what yo need to do for YOU and your family, if she cant figure that out its her loss. However if you love her and want to sustain a relationship, you owe her at least to communicate clearly your needs at this moment.