My experience with Sprint store and customer care. *Long*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by El Beaner, Dec 2, 2003.

1. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Ok, to start, I currently have an N400 phone with sprint. Have had my acct for just over 13 months now and my 1 yr contract I originally signed up for is over(has been for about a month and a half almost) I left work yesterday with the intention of going to a sprint pcs store to play with the new Sanyo 5500. On the way there I figured I would call customer care to see what Sprint wanted to do to keep me a customer with them. First call I hold 7 min and call drops. Second call won't connect, thrid call won't connect, 4th call hold 3 min call drops. So After 4 calls I figure I have a problem(have been having issues with calls dropping as of lately) so I will have my phone looked at while at the store. I get to the PCS store at 6pm and get in line. 30 min later I finally get to a Rep, let them know my situation. they take the phone and tell me it will be about 20 min while hey test it. So I go ahead and use the time wisely to go over to the sales side and play with the phones.

First off, they did not have the 5500 :pissed: I asked and they only got 4 of them and sold them already. Ok no prob, I continue playing with the phones(mainly the camera phones since that is what I am in the market for) 5 min goes by and stil palying with the phones, 15 min still playing with the phones, 20 min and still playing(if you don't get where I am going with this that means that not 1 agent asked if I could be helped--only person I talked to was the person I asked about the 5500 and that was cause she was closing out her register) After getting passed by by 3 different sales representatives(and there where only 2 other people in the sales side with me(two couples) I say F this and go back to check on my phone. After another 10 min of waiting rep comes back and said phone tested fine. Ok no prob. I went ahead and asked to speak with the Store manager to let him know my situation and what had happened(we are now at about 7pm) Manager comes over and I talk to him and let him know what had just happened. Told him that my contract is up and that I am basically shopping around for a new phone or new provider if need be. Manager tells me to wait a few moments and he will see what he can do, comes back and says I can upgrade you to an A500. I look at him like WTF?? I just told you I am in the market for a camera phone. I told hime that I could go to ATT and get a MUCH better deal on both service and a phone(Sony/Ericsson T616 camera phone for free and 650 anytime min with all the same services of sprint for 47.99 plus tax then minus my company discount of 10%) He said that there was nothing he could do then so I said that is fine, and then he said to contact customer care and speak with them. No problm, I take my phone and leave.

As I am leaving I call customer care. Hold time of 15-20 estimated according to the system prompt and off course my phone drops the call after 14. So I get home put up my things, change out of my work clothes sit down and call customer care again. This time I get through after holding for 25 min. I tell the lady that came on that basically my contract is up, and to see what sprint can do for me a customer in good standing. She then proceeds to look up my acct, and then tells me that she cannot do ANYTHING. Nothing nada, zip zilch, why you ask, cause I have not had my acct for 18 months. At this point I am starting to laugh a bit. I ask to speak with her supervisor( I just to make sure that they understood exactly what is going on here) While holding for the supervisor the agent is coming back on the phone and making sure I am ok(this agent was very kind and very helpful and I commend her--if only I could remember her name) Whiel she is coming on first time she asked if I was oka dn that we were still waiting. Second she offerred me a reconditioned VGA1000 for half the price of a new one-- I explain to her why do I want something that is used for $129 when at Best Buy you can get them Brand new for $75(if you are a new customer of course) and another company is offering me a free camera phone if I sign up with 2 yrs with them? At 50 min into my call a superivsor comes on the line. I explain to her everything I had just told you guys,and her response was sorry we cannot help you(not in such harsh words though) I told her that Sprint was willing to lose a customer who was willing to sign a 2yr agreement over a $75 phone( not only $75 at best buy cause at the store they have the deal for 2 VGA phones for $149 so basically $75 each) I told her that I really did not want to switch companies cause I like Sprint(even after all this I still like sprint) but that would not stop me from changing companies. I mean I was willing to pass up a company that was offering me more anytime min and all the same stuff as Sprint for less money.

I guess Sprint has not grasped the concept that it costs nearly twice as much if not more to get a new customer than to retain a current one.
    The call ended at 1 hour and 7 min with me not having a new phone and SERIOUSLY considering switching to ATT.(I am going to calm down a bit and wait and give Sprint one more chance before making the switch--I am sending this information in an email to Sprint corporate and we shall see what happenes)

cliff notes:
    Tried to get free upgrade phone from sprint in return for a 2 yr agreement and turned down by both Store and Customer care. Sprint possibly losing customer due to this.

2. transetic

transetic Behind The Decks!

i got my camera phone for 50 bucks. you've seen it!

3. CrosseyeLion

CrosseyeLion delight in our youth...

I bet the CEO is on his way to your house to personally beg/plead for you to come back. For the next few months people will be jumping from one provider to the next and all the cell phone companies will be doing just fine for the time being.

4. RamC15

RamC15 Is that all you got, you panzies

Sprint is pretty harsh about that but luckily my contract was up and i was able to get that vga1000 for 60 bucks (opposed to payin $269), but before my contract was up they said screw u and u must pay full price

5. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

Nextel > ATT > *.

6. BLoG

BLoG Scented Meat

cliffsnotes on my experience with Sprint PCS customer service: THEY SUCK DONKEY COCK.

7. jaydub

jaydub Every calling is great when greatly pursued.

I'm sure Sprint is hurting for business. I've tried to "get stuff" from three different cell phone companies, Sprint, AT&T, and Cingular. They aren't gonna give you shit because they don't have to.

My contract with AT&T is up in february, and at that point I'm probably gonna switch to Sprint because a) their phones are great, b) AT&T 3G service sucks, and c) I'll get to keep my number now. They all suck in their own way, it's just about figuring out which of them is the lesser of three evils.

8. Kash

Kash me > *

dont cancle your account number port that hoe over to att if thats who you want to go with

9. CrosseyeLion

CrosseyeLion delight in our youth...

I actually just switched to Sprint a few weeks ago and had to call up customer service on Sat. about a problem with my bill. I activated 2 phones to share minutes and got billed for 3 activation fees (one was credited on the bill). I talked to a lady for a few minutes and when all was said and done $72 was taken off my bill for the extra 2 activations (though she said I was supposed to have one) and she ended up adding an option to the plan where the 2nd phone will be a free add-on for 3 months :cool:

10. Stylerod

Stylerod 150mph in a swimsuit :eek3:

I actually read that whole thing, I guess because I have had cel issues. I just went to Cingular, got a Siemens S56 phone (which I like). I had AT&T and all I have to say is they sucked like no other cel company I have ever used. Maybe it is just my area, but their signal was horrible. I had so many dead zones near my house is was insane. Now that I have Cingular I have no dead zones.

11. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Oh I am nopt cancelling I will port my number and for those wh say stuff about my contract---My contract is up, it expired on Oct 28th, 2003. I am giving sprint a chance to sign me up for 2 more years and they are just saying they don't want to. I understand with number port people will be switching but they still need to focus on keeping the customers they do have.

12. kryptonian

kryptonian zombie crew #27

told you from the begining that sprint sucks didnt I?

but do you listen??? NOOOOO!

13. jaydub

jaydub Every calling is great when greatly pursued.

My experience is similar, except that I didn't like the service with Cingular either. My buddy comes up from california all the time and he uses Sprint, and his service here is flawless.

14. RamC15

RamC15 Is that all you got, you panzies

i like sprint

15. davinaem

davinaem In a little while, I'll be gone. The moments alrea

heres what you do. you call customer care back and tell them that you want to talk to CUSTOMRE RETENTION. dont talk to the rep or the supervisor, just wait for customer retention. when they come on the line, tell them you want to cancel and explain what happened at the store and on the phone. theyll do a better job of trying to keep you. but they will ask you to sign another year contract. they even have special rates for dissatisfied customers :o

16. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

I don't care about signing a new contract, I am willing to(since I would ahve to with ATT as well) I will do this today after I get off work and see what happens.

17. transetic

transetic Behind The Decks!

thats what i did. it works!

18. KingNothing

KingNothing New Member

Verizon > * > Nextel

19. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

i hate sprint with a passion......ive had them since january...at first they were ok, but 3 months later everything started to go downhill, the signal got weaker, my phone needed service, etc.

ok i buy another phone from them, same story 2 weeks its fine then the signal starts fazing out to the point where i have no service @ home. I speak to sprint many times, they tell me i have to get the software upgradfes for my phone, blah blah blah, so i get them. The tech @ the service store was a bitch, started screaming @ me b4 i even said a word!! i was like wtf....

anywaymsince i dont like being A) treated like shit by their customer reps B) having calls repeatedly dropped C) having people call me thru a land line, the land line sound like the cell phone is ringing (8+ rings in some cases!) but the cell phone really is not ringing. D) having just about the shittiest wireless web service out of every wireless provider (even though im sure its better than AT&Ts) E) unserviceable phone in MANY areas

i couldnt take it anymore and waited till my last bill could be paid last month....as soon as that was done, i went running to nextel.....im much happier here, the customer reps here arent mean, theyre just stupid. Once u explain to them for the 5th time how to do it, they'll do it. However as far as serviceable area/dropped calls, blah blah, im happy with them. Im so happy to be rid of sprint, and i warn any1 else about getting sprint in the NYC area.

20. SW20 Nick

SW20 Nick my avatar is cuter than urz

nope, i tried that a while back. you read that from skofe's nextel thread.....sprint doesnt have a retention unit.....they dont give a shit, theyll let u cancel so they get paid ne way.

21. XxRicanxX

XxRicanxX New Member

I had a problem with Sprint and they gave me $200 towards a new phone.

:joshers:

22. spicaly

spicaly Active Member

i have a ? can you use the number portabililty thing and take your # to att, cancel sprint since your using att now, then cancel att within the 30days and then take the # back to sprint as a new customer and get a new phone? would sprint take you as a new customer since your previous account was cancelled?

23. Dos Equis4

Dos Equis4 nebraska democrat (oxymoron?)

AT&T is terrible.. ask ace3.. Sprint is :cool: you'd think these companies would be helping out the people that have been there forever.. but i guess thats a hard concept to grasp.

24. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

Nope thought about that, according to Sprint when you cancel you have to wait 6 months before you are considered a new customer again.

25. El Beaner

El Beaner OT Supporter

They do have a retention unit, you jsut have to know how to get there.