my experience with Controlled Labs's Purple Wraath

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by crucialkc, Apr 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

Just in case any of you are interested in purchasing this product...

I have been taking this product for about 3 weeks now..

At first, I hated the taste. Tastes like medicine or crushed vitamins.. After awhile, I wouldn't say that I necessarily liked it, but it wasn't bad at all and I didn't mind it. (You can sip on this just fine.)

It mixes pretty decently.. I mean, it's got BCAA's so those don't mix well, but what BCAA product mixes 100%? I like to shake it each time I'm about to take a sip cause sometimes shit settles at the bottom.. but overall, this stuff mixes well.

The beta-alanine can cause a tingling sensation too.. At first this takes a little getting used to.. it's weird. Feels like pins and needles sometimes, and other times feels like dry skin. It's probably just a thing in my head but I feel like when I push harder while doing cardio, the sensation goes away.. so it definitely gives you some motivation to finish your cardio too. Haha..

Now, the important part, the performance.. I LOVE THIS STUFF! Caffeine has never really affected me before.. I mean, I've tried pure caffeine tablets, AMP, Stimulant X (all of these were samples) and I've even tried messing with the dosages as well as cycling the stuff. I've taken up to 6 caps of AMP and didn't feel SHIT. When I take 3 caps of AMP and two scoops of Purple Wraath my energy levels go through the roof. Cardio is a breeze.. doing +40min cardio is like taking a walk. I've taken Xtend before (went through about 1 1/2 tubs) and I didn't feel nearly the same as I do when I take Purple Wraath. Yes, I've tried the Xtend and AMP combo.. still didn't have the same effect as my Purple Wraath/AMP combo though..

Also, I don't know if it's an effect from the product or not, but after I get done doing cardio I have a ton of energy and am in a great mood -- always. This usually isn't the case for me and I have only noticed this since I started taking PW.

CLIFFS: For those of you cutting or doing a lot of cardio, I definitely back this product. I like it better than Xtend and if you need a pick-me-up while doing cardio, try taking it with some AMP.

2. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

I just started taking this too and expected it to taste worse than it did, but it wasn't too bad. I put just a bit of grape Gatorade powder in there and made it more "grape" tasting. I love the stuff so far, but I don't get that tingle feeling it says most people get, but it does make my lips tingle. :dunno:

I tried mixing it with a spoon, but didn't mix well. Tried the shaker and mixed pretty good.

3. cavefish

cavefish You ain't a crook son, you just a shook one

They have a new version coming out soon thats supposed to taste a lot better.

4. crucialkc

crucialkc the earth is flat

yep.. BB.com has to get through the rest of their old stock before they start shipping the new stuff in though..

honestly, i would continue to buy this product even if the flavoring system stayed the same. it's not bad at all..

5. antiabercrombie

antiabercrombie fuk u lemonardo OT Supporter

:werd:

I didn't think it was bad at all either. After the first few days, I kinda liked it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.