My Experience with BZBoyz.com *BOOTLEG AMD XP'S*

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by FreeSpace, Apr 3, 2005.

1. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

A few months back, I ordered two 2600+ T-Bred B XP's from these guys for my dual CPU rig.

I have since stopped using that config due to gaming concerns.

However, what is shocking is the fact that the CPU's I have from these guys REEK bootleg.

They never worked. Never, ever ever.

First off, the CPU with the blue die, is a little bitch. At stock settings, it rounds HORRIBLY in Prime95, to the point where Prime gives me a hardware failure warning and halts.

Wanna run it a second time? Have fun with a frozen system.

The CPU is also tempermental, and will lock up in physics heavy games every 20 minutes or so (FreeSpace 2, Doom 3, HL2, etc.).

The Chronicles Of Riddick demo suffers the worst, locking up after a mere ten minutes.

The CPU with the pink core that reflects white when you tilt it is even worse. This is odd, because these pink and white cores are said to be magical overclockers.

FreeSpace 2 is a VERY audio instensive game. Frequently over 30 sounds are playing at once. You have engines blaring, missles firing, lasers screeching, and beam cannons roaring. Also, nebula lightning storms and missle lock on warnings add to the mix.

After two minutes, you hear a small pop with dynamic sounds, mainly when afterburners are powered on (BOOOSH!). Wait another minute, and screechy Shivan ship engines sound like zippers on Wal-Mart pants.

After five minutes, it's pretty bad. Lasers, missles, and beam cannons now pop like hell.

After 10, it's so annoying you want to smash your machine.

At the circa 15 minute mark, the sound locks up and repeats, and the machine does a hard reboot (Not a soft one!).

Downclocked, both chips work. But the pink one still skips occasionally in FreeSpace 2.

The pink one also seems to run smoother...Until it locks up.

My old Durons I bought from Newegg never had these issues. It's like dealing with Schitzos.

To anyone sees a CPU they want at BZBoyz, STAY AWAY.

The scariest part yet is that these are the new "superlocked" AMD's with the epoxy over the bridges. You can tell they are bootleg because "AMD Athlon" and the stepping number are in a poorly printed font.

This goes to show you just how skilled hardware pirates can be. I shall be buying a 45-watt 2500+ XP-M, or a 35-Watt 2400+ XP-M, if my mobo supports the latter.

Be careful who you buy from. It could cost you $155.

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

how old are you?

3. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

Clearly older than you, I'm not the one who's in danger of being banned for two weeks.

Did I mention I don't troll and derail threads?

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

you're the one that brings my replies upon yourself... and I'm not the one here throwing idle threats and posting childish threads, such as this.

5. FreeSpace

FreeSpace Guest

Sorry, I gotta inform the populous of great evil. It's my duty as Infinity Man, the world's greatest Valkyrie pilot.

Your reply WAS rather childish. Now please, contribute to the thread.