GUN My experience with Boom Boom Tactical v. XS Big Dots

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Slick26, Jun 14, 2008.

1. Slick26

Slick26 Gun|Bike|Cigar|PS3|Beer |Whisky|Night Crew

Some of you maybe sort of know the story of my ordeal with Ronnie Bianco of Boom Boom Tactical, most may not.
    So I will lay it out there for those of you that are interested.

Sometime around the beginning of May I had finally made the decision to pull the trigger, so to speak, on a set of XS Big Dot sights for my M&P compact.
    As I was browsing teh intartoobs, I came across a site I was not familiar with that had a set of the sights I wanted, for damn near the best price I could find... and they were in stock too!
    So I made a thread in WMD and asked if anyone had any experience with Boom Boom Tactical, and if they did, to post what their impression of them was.
    I didn't get a ton of feedback, but most of it was neutral, or at least not negative, so I went for it.

On May 14 I ordered my sights from Boom Boom's website. $90 + $5 shipping... wonderful.
    All seemed to go well and the next day I received an email saying UPS had picked up the package and it gave me my tracking number and all that jazz.

Several days later, surprisingly, on the 19th, I received my package from UPS. Yay.
    But to my dismay, after opening it, I found out they were Level 3 night sights for an M&P, not the XS Big Dots I had ordered. Never even heard of these before, and I wasn't interested in keeping them either.
    So the next day I called Ronnie up and explained to him his mess-up, and he said to send them back and he'd get me the right ones. Mmk.
    So away to the local UPS Store I go the next day, to pay $7 out of pocket, to have the package sent back to him, Ground mind you... I'm not paying out of pocket through the nose, just so he can get his screw-up back faster.

So anyhow, 4 days later I check the tracking # and find out he received the package. Great.
    A week goes by and I hear absolutely nothing from him. No package. No call. No email. Nothing.
    I give him all the way to Friday, May 30th before finally calling him up and asking what's going on. So he's had roughly 6 days to figure out what is going on... that's almost a full week.
    So I get him on the phone and ask what's up. He doesn't have a clue who I am, nor does he know of my situation. Nice. I ask if this is really Ronnie Bianco, owner of Boom Boom Tactical, and he says yes. :rly: Then WTF is your problem buddy?
    He said since it was late in the day on Friday, he'd take my name and number down and call me on Monday when he "gets a chance to figure out what is going on." He's already had 6 days since he received the wrong sights he sent me. I did my part, now he's dropping the ball, hard.

Monday comes and goes and no communication from Mr. Ronnie Bianco of Boom Boom Tactical. Figures.
    I give him all through that week to get his shit straight. Until Friday when I get fed up and call him again. No answer. Left another message.

Fast forward to this past Monday, no call back. So this last Tuesday, I call him yet AGAIN.
    Mind you, this is my 3rd call to him with no response back. And he doesn't answer again. This time I'm much more upset, and I let him know it.
    I let him know I was fed up with his BS and I wanted my sights. If he doesn't call me back or I don't receive the correct sights I had ordered nearly 1 month ago, and of which his website said were IN STOCK; then I would be contacting Visa, to dispute the charges, the BBB to complain of his business practices, and all the internet forums I can think of to spread the message of his wonderful customer service.

No call back. BUT, lo and behold, 1.5 hours later I have an email from UPS saying they had picked up my package, and it was due to be dropped off on Thursday. :rly: This better be good.
    Thursday comes around and good god almighty, I've got a package on my door step! YEEHAW!

Open the package up, and there's a set of XS Big Dot sights for M&P, nice.
    Also in the box is a check for $50. No note describing anything, just a check. That's fine, I'll take it.

Do business with Boom Boom Tactical at your own risk, this is your only warning.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  2. Slick26

Yeah, allthatshitbyyou.jpg, I know. But it needed to be said.

3. pimpofthenation

pimpofthenation OT Supporter

meh... annoying as fuck to deal with, but you ended up with a damn good deal.

I'm with you though, I fucking HATE bad customer service. Communication goes a long way.

Look at it half full from your end, and thanks for the heads up from our end. :)

4. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Whether you only paid half price for the sights or not, I'd never deal with them again with all that bullshit.

5. Slick26

Oh absolutely not... never again. He lost my business for good.

6. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

while I agree that there was poor communication on his part, you weren't exactly at fault either. I'm sure it's a fairly small business and he may have other things going on. Giving him a week between phone calls didn't help. To get what you want you have to hound people sometimes. It shouldn't be that way, but unfortunately that's what it takes.

That said. Thanks for the heads up, and I'll be sure not to order from him if I decide to order Big Dots.

7. Slick26

:hsugh: no shit.

8. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

:mamoru:

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Also, as you can see, lack of negative comments doesn't = positive comments.

10. Slick26

Agreed. I never inferred that. I just said since I didn't get any negative feedback, I went for it. My choice.
    Now I'm warning people. :hs:

11. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

Just sayin. :o

Glad it worked out for you thought. :cool:

12. Slick26

Me too. I was actually starting to just accept it as a loss.
    Something I said must have kicked his ass in gear. Who knows.

13. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

shit... it was a long day of staring at a computer screen at work...

meant to say that you weren't exactly wrong or right in letting him go a week between phone calls. Yes it should have been right in the first place, and the seller should always try to make things right, but sometimes mom&pop stores can't always remember to get everything done. at least you did get a partial refund.

14. sprite

sprite Active Member

What a hassle but at least you got your sights.

Shit like that is why I've pretty much given up on "bargain shopping" on the web. I'd much rather pay a "fair" price and deal with a known quantity, then find the rock-bottom price and have to deal with a cluster fuck.

15. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Me to. I found Big Dots for my Glock 30 for good prices at a few places, but I ended up paying the $8 more from Lone Wolf. At least I know I'd get them and not have to deal with bullshit.

16. Goat

Goat That crack is really moreish

His lack of phone calls doesn't make it partially his fault in any way, this is an extremely minor screw up and if BBT can't fix it without numerous phone calls then maybe they shouldn't be in business.

17. Hooch

Hooch New Member

save that 50 bucks sonny, there are still street corners in America where hookers are only the big 5-0

18. Slick26

:rofl:

19. Admitted

Admitted I shouldn't be on OT right now.

I wish XS made sights for my pistols. :(

20. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

when's the last time you saw Wal-mart sell XS Big Dots? Please let me know then I can. I want to Save Money. Live Better.:mamoru:

21. Slick26

Oh hell yeah, then I could have used my wife's discount card. :mamoru: