WEB my experience so far with aplus.net hosting has been annoying

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by White Stormy, Jun 24, 2008.

1. White Stormy

White Stormy Take that, subspace!

the dumb hosting stuff won't let me delete certain files, even though I created them, and they aren't even being used. I used a feature on the site to move a domain into its own directory, but it didn't move a few folders and I was unsure if they needed to be moved or not. I tried to move the mail folder, but it copied the folder and then said it couldn't delete the first one, so i figured that out, but then it wouldn't let me delete the mail folder than I created! this happened with a few folders, so I sent into a ticket asking them to reset my account. I said that I didn't want to save any of my own files.. I have multiple backups of them on my personal computer.. just wipe everything and reset it to fix this as quickly as possible. 10 days later, they still haven't done it.

2 days after I sent in the ticket, I got a reply asking me how I wanted to back up my personal files.. I had already deleted everything but an index file.. and I said in my initial message to delete it if that would make resetting it easier! wtf?

I replied to that email 2 hours after receiving it (got it on father's day), telling them that I deleted all of my files, and just to reset it all to delete the folders that the site wouldn't let me remove. I explained pretty clearly (or as clearly as I could in the 1000 character limit they impose) that I just needed to know which files/folders are aplus-account-specific and which ones are domain-specific, and for them to reset the hosting space.

I never received another reply after that.. I finally log on today (I've been out of town), and see that they marked the ticket as resolved on the 18th, but they still haven't done anything! Seriously, how hard is it for them to reset an account? They even have advertised on the website a Smart Reset or something. They should have a function for that.

And whatthefuck is with them marking a ticket resolved and never contacting me to tell me that? aplus.net emails are forwarded to my phone, so I would have seen it 10 seconds after they sent it.. instead I had to wait 6 days to find out.

2. pkr

pkr Guest

Seriously bro, go with Liquid Web if you can. I'd cancel that crap. Sounds whack as shit.

3. autox

autox OT Supporter

I was with aplus for a month and hated it. Liquidweb is worth the money, I love them

4. White Stormy

$10/mo for 170GB storage :hs:

if it was working, it would be awesome

5. Browning

Browning Active Member

go with hostgator:dunno:

6. White Stormy

yeah I think I might.. if I'm not gonna get quicker service from someone else, I might as well get unlimited bandwidth and more features

7. Browning

Browning Active Member

they may still have the $0.01 for the first month deal. If you don't them you can always cancel