SRS My ex is driving me insane.

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BradUF, Jan 15, 2007.

1. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I still can't stop thinking about her. Even now that school has started back up and I have more stuff to do. I hate this town, it is too small. She lives with her boyfriend on the same main road so I always see them. I feel so insulted that I got left for a dude 8 years older then her divorced, broke and uneducated. I mean does she not understand how odd it is to be with a divorced old dude? They live out in a double wide in hicksville and I want to just beat the shit out of her boyfriend more then anything. Really, I can't take see them driving by me anymore. It is so dumb, they see me and speed up because you can really notice my nice car. I don't want to be behind them all the way so I speed up, then they speed up before you know it we are going 40 over the speed limit. My car is way faster so I put it in 4th and floor it and away I go. I can't even go to certain places anymore because they go there all the time. I could not get a job in a certain area because they would be coming in the store all the damn time and that would not work for me. I can't get away from them and it is driving me insane. My friends run into them and I hear about it.
    I think about joining the Navy to just get away and out of this town but I can't do that until I get my degree. I mean it would be fucked up of me saying all this shit about them being uneducated and for me not to even get my degree. It hurts more 8 months later then it did when it first happen.

2. nonfinite

nonfinite New Member

I went through a pretty rough breakup several years ago as well. I won't go into the details too much: all I'll say is that it was fucked up, I think she may have ended up with her second removed cousin and I spent a little time depressed, addicted, and homeless afterwards.

First off, the thing that helped me the most was using my dissapointment, anger, and all those negative emotions as motivation to outperform her, really. I'll admit, it initally started off as some lame attempt to get her back in the future, but as it turns out, I spent so much time improving on my life and situation that eventually I wasn't just acting better, I WAS better, and eventually met someone much better for me. I no longer wanted her back.

My advice to you: get outta hicksville. Stay outta the Navy if you can. I was gonna enlist back then too, and trust me, you DON'T want to enlist outta desperation, you'll regret it.

3. xomemeox

xomemeox New Member

I totally agree. Don't make such a drastic decision over her. My advice is for you to try and stop thinking about her. Go out and hang with your friends, meet new people, or get away for alil bit. Don't let her get to you too bad.

4. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

obviously, she's got some issues, and doesn't really know what she wants. You're better off without her, as your life with her would be filled with drama anyways. It's obvious she wasnt ready for a mature relationship, so dont take it personal, an just move on

5. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

You will probally have to remove all the images in order to get past it.

Nothing is worse then the dagger repeatedly being stabbed.

Do not join the military. Move if you have to.

Just do not move into a small town and repeat the same relationship. Pick somewhere you will not see her as much.

If I lived in a small town with my ex, it would suck.

But she moved.

6. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Yeah she does have a ton of issues but that is what drives me insane. She said all of them were solved when she moved away from her dad and into this dudes house and if I would have just got a place with her everything would be great right now. She is doing things with that trailer trash bf, that she would never do with me. I don't even have a picture of her after 2 years because she does not like pictures. She never took a vactation with me because she was too busy but shortly after getting with TT they went out of state. Why did I get fucked and put up with 2 years of her being depressed all the time and not doing anything and TT gets happy fun, got my life in order version.

7. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

Just because she says theyre solved doesnt mean they are :mamoru:

8. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I dunno but I HATE BOTH OF THEM.

9. Spiritus

Spiritus Active Member

It is just another small American town.

Sit back and think... what is left in this town for me...

Sounds the only thing is left is bad memories.

10. BradUF

BradUF Guest

No, college is left. It is not THAT small it is a college town. We just won the national championship too. I have to stay here if I want to go to college. I just can't take it anymore, she is on MY side of town. I was here first. I didn't even go to class today because I didn't feel well again.

11. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

just forget about her and move on. Accept the fact that she left you, that she wont be back, and then put it aside and move on.

12. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

He sounds like a fucking loser from your post. She must have high standards.

Why? Because he did you a favor by showing you that your gf is not marriage material? You should buy him a beer. Kicking his ass won't do anything and will just make you look like a dumb neanderthal.

edit - I KNOW it sucks, but you're better than that. Look at how she treated you. Dude. You're a guy. Use the logical part of your brain. Don't listen to your heart about this.

13. registeredPORK

registeredPORK Happy Poo Poo

The college that you're going to is not the only college in the universe. There are other colleges around that you can go to and who knows, maybe there is another campus some where out of town. I know that with big universities, there are multiple campuses all over the state.

And I think you're overreacting to her being there. Don't let her stop you from doing what you want to do--like getting your degree. If you let her get to you like this, you will never have the sense of accomplishing something.

Who cares if you were in town first or she was in town first? What matters is that you are getting your priorities straight and trying to move on.

14. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I just feel insulted that I got left for trailer trash. I am like 9 years younger and I have way more then he will ever have. I don't understand why anyone would choose to live the poor life style like that. Also, the dude is black.... I remember a long time ago we were talking and she was saying how she would date an older black dude and I was just like WTF...

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2007
  15. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

feel grateful instead

ultimately, your feeling that way comes down to the fact that you care about what they think. Why should you?

16. BradUF

BradUF Guest

It is hard to stop caring when you have been with the person for years and it is hard to understand how someone could find someone so fast and not really care if you drop dead the next day. I could be married and I still would think about her.

17. BradUF

BradUF Guest

This whole experience destroyed the idea about loving someone no matter what. I will never date a girl this low on the social and economic chain again. She was below me and she showed that when she left me for someone less then me. It is just I never thought like that before but I guess it does matter how you grow up.

18. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

i'd say it has less to do with her social class and more to do with her own internal issues. She felt certain ways about herself and you, and those caused her to leave. Obviously, it wasn't meant to be. Be glad you found out now, instead of after you two got married.

19. registeredPORK

You have to realize that people change, whether or not you like it. In fact, everyone changes, and some changes are slow and others in a blink of an eye. Still, the fact remains is that because of this, people will sometimes drift apart from each other, and sometimes it'll bond people closer together.

Whether or not she left you for some trail trash guy that has no job, that's a crack addict and is dying of cancer, if it's what she wants, it's what she wants. You can at least respect that.

And anyway, who is to say you will not find someone better?

20. BradUF

BradUF Guest

Well she made me feel like if we would have got married things would have worked out.

On one of the PUA sites they have a thing about a man reaching his peak. It really sucks and I feel that I might had hit my peak with her.

21. registeredPORK

It doesn't really matter what statistics says... or what any website says.

Just let go and move on, and I know it's a lot harder to do than to say because there's really nothing you can do now to make it work and you probably realize this. So to linger on to something that will never happen ever again is kind of ... pointless.

I know that you're probably all bugged out with the fact that she left you for some dead beat but you know you'll be better than that and you know you'll be a success in life.

I would give you a hug if I could so instead.. *pats you on the head* :)

22. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

You've got some issues man. You see them on the road and speed up to see them? That's fucking creepy and weird.

You need to stop obsessing, I know it sucks that she moved on. But you are fixating on things such as the fact of who he is, which shows that you are majorly insecure, when really you should be focusing and getting over why you guys didn't work out and move on. Obviously she's not that bright because of her choice to be with that guy. But stopping yourself from working or going certain places because you're afraid of seeing them is just making your life pointless.

23. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

:rofl:

1) No, marriage doesn't change a thing, people think it does, thats why the divorce rate is so high (they find out it doesnt)

2) You only peak if you dont try to find someone better.

24. BradUF

BradUF Guest

I don't speed up they do. Im going 45 and when they see me they go faster but I don't want to be behind them so I try to pass them, but they keep trying to go faster. I mean, really I don't want to ride behind them all the way down town.

Half my friends are getting married at this age.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2007
  25. Ameter

Ameter Active Member

why do you care if you're behind them?