My Eclipse

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Gorkoracing, Jan 26, 2007.

1. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

97 RS turbocharged

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    pre sideskirts
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Cinderblock chillin in my pass seat 2 weeks ago(only thing missing was my cd case)
    [​IMG]

2. ZaC851

ZaC851 New Member

Forgive my import ignorance, but RS are originally NA correct? If so whats teh difference between a RS engine and one that comes in a GST or GSX

3. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

You are correct the RS and GS eclipses along with the eagle talon ESi were all NA 420a 2.0L motors. The 420a is a chrysler motor that was also used in the Dodge Neon R/Ts. The GST and GSX and talon TSi motor is the 4g63. This is the mitsubishi turbo 2.0L motor that has been around since the first generation eclipses. It is also the motor that is in Evos and in galant vr4s. A stock gst/gsx 4g63 motor is rated at 210 crank hp and the 420a is rated at 140 crank hp.

I put down 210 wheel hp in mine about 2 years ago running 7psi detonating at 6k rpms and a slipping clutch that gave out the next day lol. Today it'd prolly put down about 250 whp making it a pretty fun car to drive around in weighing in at about 2750 lbs. Still need to get it to the track since i just added a southbend clutch ofe stg3 clutch and limited slip differential and see what she'll do.

I've spent way too much on it but its been an ongoing project over the 7 years that i've owned it. If i had all the money i spent on it today i would buy a gsx and mod the hell outta it. Back when i got the car and turbo'd it tho gsxs were quite pricey and not very easy to come by.

4. I love those model eclipses. I'm not a fan of the headlight hole though. Overall pretty clean.

5. Xtian

Xtian New Member

Should of got a 4gee, but at least it's not ricey, coo..

6. The1Ash10

The1Ash10 Active Member

looks clean to me :dunno:

7. NitrousX

NitrousX Go web Go!

Pretty sick. I like how clean it is.

8. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

Thanks for the comments guys, the headlight with the hole is gonna be just for the track, Its a spare headlight and I'm gonna put my headlight without the hole back in soon.

9. Original

Original OT Supporter

It's pictures like those that always made me want one of those. :coold: How reliable has it been? Too many people turned me away from them :hs:

10. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

Thanks, Mine has actually been pretty reliable. Its my daily driver and I've had it since 2000. Had 21k miles on it when I got it and now its got right at 118k. (knock on wood) the only thing big that has happened was my clutch grenaded on me but that was the stock clutch after I turned my boost up to 8 psi and it was just not meant to hold it lol. That and my waterpump recently went out but it was the original water pump which should have been changed at 60k miles. I know a lot of people dog them as unreliable but I think thats more towards the 4g63 guys. Done right i've seen them be just as reliable though.

11. Ronin

Ronin Guest

nice car, that whites a little on the bland side for my preferences though

12. project15

project15 New Member

Nice, paint your door handles though unless you want it to look like a sleeper (even though the FMIC ruins that)

I've had a GST and tsi awd. Great cars, but can be a headache if the kid before you didn't take care of it.

13. Shven

Shven New Member

Thank you for adding to the non-ricey eclipses, good job.

14. JHate83

JHate83 New Member

very clean! i love it. I used to have a FWD TSI, 1997 to be exact. The bitch started walkin on me so i had to sell it to some other poor bastard! now i drive a honda and miss my dsm everyday

15. SUS031

SUS031 Zing!

what rims are those? enkies? i like em

16. American SuperBeast

American SuperBeast New Member

and here i thought i was going to find a ricey ass eclipse but instead its clean
    i like it btw nice cinderblock :)

17. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

They are giovanna g-racing suzu rims. 17x7s and are lighter than shit. I believe they may be discontinued as I got them about 5 years ago.

Thanks everyone for the comments

18. Gorkoracing

Gorkoracing New Member

Had to pick up pops at the airport last night and while waiting for him to file a claim for his lost golf clubs I figured I'd snap a few shots.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]