My EC Stack Experience

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by morrty, Mar 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morrty

morrty Guest

TL;DR - High heart rate on EC stack 24/200 x3 per day

--------------------------------------

So here is my story,

Jan 5th 09 I bought a gym membership for the first time and decided I don't want to be a fat fuck anymore.

Starting weight 277
    Current Weight 239

I held off on doing the EC 2week cycle due to the fact I was very unhealthy at that time. I couldn't last 10 minutes on the elliptical.

Now I can do 30 minutes on the elliptical and still go more if I wanted but my legs are usually shaking by then.

I figured now was the time to start the EC stack.

Today was my first day, I did 3 doses of 24/200 E/C 5 hours apart 7am, 12pm, 5pm.

All day I felt amazing, so much energy and I actually worked instead of fucking the dog and reading OT all day. After work at 5:00 I went straight to the gym and did 2 hours of cardio without feeling fatigued or soar. 1 hour straight on the elliptical.

What concerns me is that my heart rate while working out was always 175+ and peaking at 190. Even when doing very low intensity (hardly fucking do anything) It never dropped below 150.

Is this normal?

Also sometimes I can feel my heart and it feels weird, not sure how to explain it. My blood pressure is excellent but my BPM is fucked imo.

Any comments/suggestions on what I should do?

2. Ultimate_Ninja

Ultimate_Ninja New Member

How old are you?

And grats on your weight loss. :bowdown: Former fatty turned pseudo-broly for one year :wavey:

3. morrty

morrty Guest

23 y/o

So 220 - 23 = 197 max heart rate.

And thanks, still have a lot to go though.

4. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

If you don't prepare you will be cought with your pants (or skirts) down.

5. Ultimate_Ninja

Have you started weight training? I slimmed down a bit at first from doing purely cardio, but really started shedding fat once I incorporated a lifting routine. Went from 250 to 195, now I'm back up to 202 but that's muscle baby :bowdown:

6. Ultimate_Ninja

:rofl:

7. morrty

morrty Guest

As for lifting, I'm kind of intimidated by the free weights (the shit that matters).

I do machines for about 30 minutes, random stuff too, never a legs/arms/chest/shoulders day, just whatever whenever or what is free at the time.

I know I should be doing the free weights but shit the gym I go to is kinda small and there is always a lot of people on that small fucking square carpet ffs.

Maybe I will look into a lifting routine and slim down on the cardio.

8. morrty

morrty Guest

So after some research I've come to the conclusion that the weird feeling of my heart is actually heart palpitations.

Probably because I am getting zero potassium in my diet.

Time to eat some bananas.

9. morrty

morrty Guest

Anyways, bed time, hope I wake up tomorrow.

10. Wombats Unlimited

Wombats Unlimited OT Supporter

Excuse me, wat?

11. {hydro}

{hydro} OT Supporter

:rofl:

12. y0gfx

y0gfx BURAAAJYANAII!!!

:bigthumb:

13. scent of a wookie

scent of a wookie OT Supporter

you might want to start with a smaller dose to see how you adjust to it (i.e. the very heart palpitations you described)

14. morrty

morrty Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2009
  15. morrty

morrty Guest

I loaded up on banana's and orange juice this morning, going to try the same dosage and see how it goes, if it is still feeling weird then I'll probably lower to twice/day

16. mmmBoss

mmmBoss OT Supporter

The heart rate monitors on ellipticals are god awful at best.

But on E/C I would always get paranoid too when my heart rate got "high" when the elliptical would tell me, then I would start to panic, and increase my heart rate even more (really dumb I know).

So yeah maybe lower your dosage, get some more potassium in your diet, but for the psychological factor of it all, cover up the heart rate on the machine with a magazine or something and figure out how you feel without "knowing" your heart rate.

Grats on your progress so far though, glad to see you're actually sticking with it more than 2 weeks after New Years.

17. morrty

morrty Guest

Yeah, I know panicking about it is probably going to worsen things so reading replies like this really brings the edge off, thanks.

I'm feeling good so far this morning so it was probably just first day nerves. I consider myself pretty healthy now even though I'm still way overweight, never had heart problems or family history of heart problems which takes some of the edge off as well.

Tonight I'm going to do as you suggested and not even look at the heart rate, just judge by how i'm feeling.

Also thanks, this is probably my 4th year doing the whole new years resolution thing but this year I actually stuck to it and it is only getting easier, never will I be a fatty again.

18. morrty

morrty Guest

Just wanted to update for the sake of the forums if anyone is searching this in the future.

By the third day and after getting potassium in my system everything is fine, I barely notice the shit anymore but wow was the first day ever a trip.

Also avocado's are the most disgusting thing ever when eaten raw, blend that shit up with your whey shake.

19. infinite loop

infinite loop Statistically speaking, the Yankees do indeed suck

i don't see why you'd need an ec stack at this point. just keep eating healthy, working out, and the weight should keep coming off.

20. morrty

morrty Guest

Just trying to look good and not be embarrassed to take my shirt off this summer, summers go by quick up here in Canadia!

21. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I agree...and not only is he doing an EC stack, but he's doing it 3x per day. You may end up being one of those statistics and another reason that ephedrine is monitored.

22. morrty

morrty Guest

I've switched down to 2x a day, I was having troubles sleeping and feeling a bit dizzy at times.

23. hootpie

hootpie New Member

I wouldn't be taking it at all. I'm not sure how overweight you were, but I think it's safe to say you were out of shape @ 277lb and still are at 239lb. Get into better shape (heart-wise) before you start taking stimulants 3x a day.

24. july23rd1989

july23rd1989 Blood for Lube

where's the aspirin bro?

25. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

1) You started with too much. Your first time on EC should be be VERY small dosages just to play it safe and then introduce higher dosages. No offense, but for your first time EVER taking EC, starting off with 25/200 3 times a day is retarded.
    Drop your dosage for 2x a day for at least a week. IMO, unless you're weeks out from stepping onstage there's no reason to exceed 2 dosages a day.

2) That feeling in your heart beat are heart palpitations. They are normal on EC and pretty scary at first, but typically they are nothing to worry about. Just watch out for them becoming excessively consistent.

3) I try not to hold onto the hand sensors on the elliptical when on EC. My heart rate normally averages 165-170 on there and on EC it will get up to 190 and can scare you... which ironically, just makes the heart rate even higher.
    Just work yourself into a good routine and don't push yourself too hard when taking the EC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.